It's Friday!!

Friday, November 20, 2009 3 Comments A+ a-

I was just chatting with a nice representative from our insurance carrier, biding time until my coworker could come out and meet with her. I got the usual response when our conversation shifted to children and I told her how many children I have.

“But you’re so young!”

“Well, I am 30,” I countered.

“That’s young!”

And she’s right it is. Is it weird that I just don’t think of myself in those terms anymore? Not that I feel old, or ancient, or middle-aged. I just feel like “young” parents are in their early to mid-twenties. Not thirty. Besides, it’s hard to feel young with three children ages five and under; something about being responsible for three young lives will do that to a person.

It was a nice compliment! And gosh-darn-it! I am young!

--------------------
My mom, sisters, our friend, Laura, and I went to the midnight showing of New Moon last night. There we sat at the theater, with at least five different screens going and they were still sold out! We were surrounded by (mostly) women of all ages.

It was a good movie! My sisters and I couldn’t decide if it was so good because our expectations were so low (come on, admit it, Twilight wasn’t the greatest!) or if it really was a good movie. I’ve decided on the latter. At least this director was able to get Kristen Stewart to stop bobbling her head while she talked. Some quick thoughts on the movie:

The werewolves – A-MAZING! Seriously, I was blown away but what they can do nowadays. The wolves were so very realistic.

The Volturi – As scary as I’d imagined. And I thought Dakota Fanning did a great job as Jane. I can’t wait for the 4th movie to really see her acting chops in that role.

Vampires – My favorite is still Alice. She is so warm and endearing! Just love her!

Jacob – I will forever be Team Edward, but even in this move I started getting a little attached to him. He’s just so cute.

Favorite Quote: “Yeah, they seem great… can we go now?”

If you’ve read the books, definitely check out the movie! It was 100-times better than Twilight.

And by the way, I am definitely TOO old be going to any more midnight showings. I’ve had to work eight hours on only four hours of sleep. I haven’t done that since before I was pregnant with Devyn!

--------------------
If you’d still like to enter the Starbucks gift card giveaway, click on this post and enter by midnight tonight. I have SO enjoyed getting to know some new readers! If I haven’t stopped by your blog to say hi yet, I will this weekend!

--------------------
Now I get to finish out the work day, grab a Red Bull, and head to the bowling alley for Devyn’s official birthday party. See? I really don’t think I thought out the whole midnight movie idea, did I?

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
12:04 AM delete This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
avatar
8:32 AM delete

I also loved New Moon! I really didn't like Twilight, so I kept my expectations low for this movie and it blew me away! I wasn't a huge fan of some of the music selection, but the characters were wonderfully cast, the werewolves were to die for and Jacob wasn't hard on the eyes at all! :-) I'm still Team Edward, but Jacob looked good!

Reply
avatar
Amanda
AUTHOR
1:30 PM delete

Ooh, I can't wait to see it! I love Dakota Fanning- so fun to see such a sweet, talented actress growing up and doing new things!

Reply
avatar