Decking The Halls

Sunday, November 08, 2009 6 Comments A+ a-

If you’re one of those people who refuse to acknowledge Christmas until after Thanksgiving, then you’re going to want to stay away from my blog for a few weeks. Because I couldn’t wait any longer!! I hope ya’ll like the new design. I do…

For whatever reason, I am just so excited for Christmas this year. Courtney and I discussed our over-the-top enthusiasm this year and wonder if we anticipate Christmas so much more this year because last year was one crisis after another. It really felt like we fast-forwarded through the Christmas holiday, without getting a chance to celebrate it. And when you have a mom get admitted to the hospital on Christmas Eve, and you’re opening presents in a hospital room, yeah, doesn’t feel like Christmas. At all.

Regardless of the reasons, I cannot wait for it and I’m starting the Christmas spirit a little early this year.

And there are a number of exciting Christmas goodies happening this year.


  1. Random Moms is hosting a Christmas ornament exchange this year. I just absolutely adore this idea! Head on over and read all about it. I’ve already got my name in the proverbial hat.


  2. What’s For Dinner is hosting a Holiday Recipe Exchange. So you can head on over there to see how it’s going to work. Start gathering your recipes, ladies, I want to hear all about your favorite Holiday treats.


  3. And last, but certainly not least, Munchkin Land Designs is offering 15% off through December 4th.
And if you don’t come around for a few weeks, I totally understand. I usually like to wait until the day after Thanksgiving too. But I feel like a little kid this year...

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
MamaBear
AUTHOR
11:16 PM delete

Looks great! I've got Christmas on the brain tonight as I'm trying to get ahead of the game in with Christmas card designs. The ornament exchange sounds fun, but my husband would think I was crazy to exchange ornaments with people I don't know. (No, he doesn't 'get' blogging) :)

I'm going to be hosting something called 25 Days of Christmas {Ornaments} starting December 1st where everyone posts a picture of an ornament from their tree and tells the meaning of an ornament every day until Christmas. You know me, always trying to preserve memories....

Praying you have a wonderful Christmas at home with family this year!!

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
8:03 AM delete

I hear ya! Last year was not so fun for me either and I am ready for some celebrating! Beautiful desgin as usual!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:59 AM delete

LOVE the new design! You are so talented!
I'm not quite ready for the Holiday season yet, but I'm a procrastinator, ha ha.

Reply
avatar
Timmarie
AUTHOR
12:00 PM delete

LOVE the new design. It is so ridiculously cute!!!! Bring on the Christmas Cheer!!!!!

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
1:08 PM delete

I adore it! And I am so into Christmas right now also! I have decided that once I get the last room here on the mainfloor dusted and vacuumed, I am pulling out the Christmas decorations! I need to!

It won't "feel" like Christmas at all so I might as well not wait for it to "feel" like Christmas!! We are in Arizona!!! Oh the craziness of it all.

I also think getting my decorating going will help me to get my gift making & purchasing going sooner as well. Since we have to mail stuff this year, I want to be waaaaay ahead of the game and I just got our family exchange names today.

Okay, off to dust, then DECORATE!!!

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
3:40 PM delete

Jen! Ack - there is a spammer on your comments!

Reply
avatar