Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Crackers

Monday, November 30, 2009 4 Comments A+ a-

Every year, as soon as we walk into Jon's grandparents' home on Christmas Day, he makes a beeline for the cupboard where he knows that Grandma has stored these delightful snacks. He was over-the-moon when I told him I was going to attempt to make them this year. In fact, I truly believe he may have fallen in love with me all over again. They are so yummy and very easy to make!

1 pkg of chocolate-flavored almond bark
1 box of Ritz crackers
1 jar of smooth peanut butter

Layer a generous helping of peanut butter on a Ritz cracker, then add another on top to create a sandwich. Repeat until all the crackers have been used.

Follow the directions to melt the chocolate-flavored almond bark. (My package said 90 seconds in the microwave, but it was really more like a minute and 25 seconds.) Mix well until the chocolate is nice and smooth.

Grab a pair of tongs and start dipping the peanut-butter-Ritz-cracker sandwiches in the chocolate, until completely covered. Then set on wax paper to harden. Allow to cool 20-25 minutes until the chocolate is hard. I promise, one of the easiest recipes ever!!



I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Joy
AUTHOR
7:33 AM delete

My grandma does these too. She also dips them in white chocolate. What fun to have a recipe to try - thanks!

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
9:09 AM delete

I had these last week, and they are amazing! Bryce is allergic to peanut butter, so whenever I have it (when he's not w/me) now I am in heaven!

Reply
avatar
Timmarie
AUTHOR
5:49 PM delete

I made these on Saturday...so, so yummy!

Reply
avatar
9:37 PM delete

Oh my goodness - yummy!!!!

Reply
avatar