Random Thought From Generation X

Friday, October 02, 2009 6 Comments A+ a-

It's Friday afternoon and the sun is actually shining today.  I would love to call it a day, run home, grab the kids, and play outside on the swingset all afternoon.  But alas, I'm at my other job today. 


So instead I want to share an email forward with you all.  It is downright hysterical!!  In fact, I had to share with my coworkers because I was laughing out loud and they all wanted to know what was so funny.

 

Enjoy!

  • I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
  • Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
  • I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
  • Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the "people you may know" feature on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choose not to be friends with?
  • There is a great need for sarcasm font.
  • The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
  • Was learning cursive really necessary?
  • I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
  • Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
  • How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?
  • Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)..ummm...Goonies."
  • While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.
  • MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
  • Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
  • I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
  • Bad decisions make good stories.
  • Whenever I'm Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted.  546 pictures? Don't mind if I do!
  • If Carmen San Diego and Waldo ever got together, their offspring would probably just be completely invisible.
  • "Do not machine wash" or "tumble dry" means I will never wash this. Ever.
  • I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?) but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
  • Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
  • Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem....
  • You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.
  • Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.
  • I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

 


Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
3:30 PM delete

Ha ha! I LOVED this!

Reply
avatar
Rebecca
AUTHOR
6:33 PM delete

I love it. I've thought so many of those things over the years. Thanks for sharing.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
7:10 PM delete

I had to send it to my co-workers for the same reason. I never laugh out loud at e-mails.

Reply
avatar
8:00 PM delete

The very last one is SOOO true. It happens to me ALL the time.

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
3:22 PM delete

Hilarious!!!

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
10:48 PM delete

Oh man, soooo funny! I was laughing so hard I cried! Thanks, I needed that tonight!

Reply
avatar