Some Gratefuls

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5 Comments A+ a-

Since going part-time at my other job, our income has taken a significant hit. Not to mention that Jon is being forced to take furlough days (days off without pay) these next few months, and we're having to shave even more out of our budget. Its tight, really, really tight.

But truth be told, both Jon and I are loving it. Its forcing us to take stock in what we truly need and take comfort in the blessings we have surrounding us every day. Some things I'm so very grateful for:
  • The way my hand automatically reachs for the crook of Jon's elbow during church.
  • Smiling as his arm snakes around my waist and pulls me in closer during prayers.
  • Reagan's smile and the way her eyes light up when she sees me for the first time after a nap.
  • Hudson's little voice as he tests out new words every day.
  • The excitement in Devyn's voice as she announces she was line-leader at school that day.
  • Cracking open my bible in the dark of the cool morning, smiling as I imagine the warm breath of God as He spoke those words into being.
  • The quiet of my mornings with Him, wondering what truths He's going to speak to me today.
  • Loving that Jon and I still manage to flirt and tease one another 12 years into this journey as a couple.
  • Laughing as the four of us ran throughout the house in a water fight last week.
  • Soothing Reagan as she watched, unsure of this rough play, not entirely sure she liked it.
  • In awe of Devyn and her unfiltered approach to school and faith. Announcing to her classmates and teachers that "I'm going to bible study with Nana tomorrow."
  • The quiet afternoons when Devyn is at school and Hudson and Reagan are napping. A whole two hours to myself, to do what I want.
  • Reflecting on the theme God is speaking to me right now; it is coming through loud and clear.
  • The smell of my hazelnut coffee. Now there is a heavenly smell!
  • Girlfriends.
  • The announcement of so many new babies coming into the world! Blessings indeed!!
  • The gift of a swingset, and the hours of laughter spilling in from the backyard.

Yes, friends, life is so very good right now!!

Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Katie
AUTHOR
9:17 AM delete

I agree, being broke really brings in to perspective what you really "need" and what you don't.
Enjoy your day!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
10:11 AM delete

I've really been enjoying Hudson's new vocabulary and listening to how he is starting to perceive the world around him. Warms my heart.

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
12:14 PM delete

Love it, Jenn.

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
12:54 PM delete

hmmmm I could use a few moments to throw on some praise music and really sit and reflect on the abundance of blessings in the hectic times... thanks for the idea/encouragement Jenn!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
7:52 PM delete

Don't you just love those moments when you feel God's presence and everything just seems right?
Great post Jenn. I love being a part of your life and your kids lives. I love all 3 of those kiddos.

Reply
avatar