Miscellaneous, Etc.

Friday, September 18, 2009 6 Comments A+ a-

[Edited to add that I really appreciate the sweet comments, and please know that I do cut myself a lot of slack. =) Really. I'm just poking fun at myself because I know that with Devyn being the first in school, there HAS to be a learning curve. Right?!

And secondly, it turns out I hadn't left my breast pump behind after all! Which would be wonderful news, except that I'd already made Jon drive all the way back to retrieve it for me, only to discover it behind the driver's seat in the van. See... I am tired!]

Three Reasons I’m Not Winning Mother-of-the-Year:
  • Miss Andrea had to pull me aside last week when I dropped Devyn off for school. “I just wanted to remind you that if you pack Devyn’s lunch, could you include a drink with it?” I just stared at her dumb-founded. She continued, “We’ve been giving her water, but maybe you could give her money for milk, or include a water bottle, or something.” Seriously?! How on earth did I totally space something as basic as a drink?!
  • I went to pick Devyn up from school and Miss Mary met me at the door. “I don’t want to alarm you,” she started, “but Devyn fell during recess today.” She hastened to reply, “She’s ok! But in the future, if she wants to wear dress shoes to school, maybe you could include some tennis shoes for recess too.” These teachers must be thinking that I’m a total idiot at this point.
  • When taking a shower this week, I put Reagan in my bedroom while the older kids were watching cartoons. I didn’t take into consideration the fact that older siblings can open doors and did. By the time I got out of the shower, Reagan was nowhere to be found. Only when I hear laughter coming from the swing set, did I venture outside. Lo and behold, Reagan was sitting in the grass watching her brother and sister. I’m in big trouble with that one.


Three Signs You Are Very, Very Tired:

  • After pouring myself a cup of coffee this morning, I put the carafe away and went into the living room. When I went back into the kitchen, I couldn’t find the carafe anywhere. I opened the cabinet and discovered that I had placed the carafe on the shelf.
  • I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and discovered a very unusual taste to my toothpaste. It was then that I realized I had used the kids’ bubblegum toothpaste by accident.
  • I forgot the breast pump today. I am going to be in severe pain by noon.

And lastly, Courtney’s Blog Design Give Away is ending today. So hop on over and enter to win a custom blog design from yours truly!

Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
11:49 AM delete

Jenn,

Don't be too hard on yourself, You are a mom of three children, you can't be super woman. Remember to give yourself some Grace.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:50 AM delete

Jenn,
You are a GREAT Mom! I'm sure I'll make all of the same mistakes the first time Ellie is in school.

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
3:51 PM delete

When we were talking the other night, these things made us laugh so hard because it is sooo nice to know you aren't the only one who does these things. Being a mom is the hardest thing we will ever do, so of course there is going to be a learning curve! Our children are loved and love back and a forgotten juice box isn't going to change that! If we were perfect moms, what fun would all of this be? :)
You are a great mom, and your children are blessed to have you!

Reply
avatar
Aspiemom
AUTHOR
1:52 PM delete

I think you sound like a normal mom! Lot's on your mind!

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
3:04 PM delete

how many times did you bring seperate "recess shoes" when you were in elementary school? I think that's crazy talk... she'll learn to either play a little more carefully in the dress shoes, or ditch the pretties and go barefoot. right?! haha!

Reply
avatar
6:27 PM delete

I am SOOOO excited I won the pleasure of having you redesign my blog!! YAY!!!

Reply
avatar