Forced to Play Along

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3 Comments A+ a-

So Courtney is forcing Christine and I to do this award/meme and I’m being threatened to be disowned if I don’t play along. (Not really, but you should know that I am being forced to participate.)

Instead of going into the award, I’m just going to go ahead and list seven things you may or may not know about me. Here goes nothing.

  1. I am sort of sad about how this third pregnancy seems to have permanently altered my body. It’s not so much the extra ten pounds that refuse to leave, I could live with that, but the fact that my hips are forever and always changed. They weren’t this wide after having Devyn or Hudson, but now I can’t even pull my former pants over my new dang hips!


  2. I submitted the first two chapters of a novel I wrote to a literary agent. It was one of the most nerve-racking things I’ve ever done. I did hear back from her and was given some great feedback. I basically need a new storyline, one not so closely resembling my real life. Any ideas?


  3. I don’t think I get my children breakfast fast enough in the mornings. Its not unusual to walk into the kitchen to see a chair next to the counter and a trail of cookie/chip crumbs leading to two little kids chomping away on an unhealthy snack before breakfast.


  4. Did I mention that we forgot Devyn’s coat for school yesterday? Chalk another one up for Mom of The Year.


  5. As much as I bemoan my new, post-partum body, I am so ready to do it again. In fact, this is the current topic that’s hotly debated in our house, whether or not to go for number four. Because I come from a family of four, I have always wanted four children. However, Jon is pretty much done. But seriously, who is going to regret another child? (I love you, Babe!)


  6. Mom never served us asparagus while growing up and so I find it strange that it is one of my favorite vegetables now. Especially coated in butter and garlic salt, and then grilled on the barbeque. Hmmm… actually, I’m sure those added ingredients have completely countered any nutritional value whatsoever.


  7. I’m currently sitting at the computer, while Devyn and Hudson have gone off to BSF (an intense bible study) with my mom, Nana, and Reagan is sleeping on my chest. Her pacifier is sitting half-way in her mouth and halfway out. Her legs are curled under her body so her little bum is sticking out. Have I mentioned that this is one of my favorite pastimes of all time, and I could sit here all day, just watching my youngest sleep?!

Ok, there you have it. An additional seven things that you are glad (or not) to know about me. Happy now, Court?

Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
12:22 PM delete

Yes I am happy. Thank you. And i'm going to have to try eating asparagus your way cause I can't stand the stuff.

Reply
avatar
5:24 PM delete

I have NO idea why Courtney wanted you to post this but I am glad you did. Its nice to get to know a few more things about you.

I just want you to know that you are BEAUTIFUL and NO ONE thinks you have big hips (even if your old pants don't fit).
:)
People have been commenting on my "birthing stock" hips since I was 13 and I've never even had a kid. I can't imagine what people are going to think once I start getting bigger...

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:59 PM delete

Oh Jenn! If only I had your hips, or your figure while we're at it. :)

Reply
avatar