30 Years - Years 24 & 25

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 4 Comments A+ a-

Oh, the look of horror that came across my husband’s face as I asked him to give me a memory for this 30-day countdown. It was priceless! And I thought for sure he’d bail on me. But to my surprise, this arrived in my inbox.

It made me smile.

From Jon...

Year 24
The day we found out we were Prego for the first time. It was 5:00am and I was lying in bed fast asleep, when you came running in and started jumping on me . “Do you see it? Do you see it?” you asked. And I said, “Do I see what?” So you shoved a little stick in my face. “The line,” you said. So with my eyes half-open, I confirmed that you were going to be a mom and me, a dad. That was a day that you started to get this beautiful glow on your face.

Year 25
On November 18th, we got all of our bags packed ready to go to the hospital; our stomachs in a twist. We were no longer going to be two, but three. We got to the hospital, take the long ride up the three stories to the labor and delivery floor, where we had a induction time of 6:30pm. We go to check-in and the nurse says, “Sorry, we’re full.” At that time I could have strangled someone.

So we went to your mom and dad’s and spent the night.

That morning we got up early and went in. To make long story short, Devyn’s birth scared the s#@* out of me. They lost her heartbeat, you started to fade. And the words emergency c-section were used a lot. But all in all, God had his hand over you and Devyn. God blessed us with a beautiful daughter, the first granddaughter in the family.

PS I love you. You are a great mother, wife, and best of all, my best friend.

Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Kelsey
AUTHOR
4:22 PM delete

How special to hear those memories from Jon's point of view :)

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
9:13 AM delete

Wow I'm impressed he agreed to do that!

Reply
avatar
Aspiemom
AUTHOR
1:56 PM delete

You do such beautiful blog layouts. May I ask you where you learned to do it? I've been looking around online for a place that teaches you or gives suggestions.

Reply
avatar