30 Years - Year 29

Saturday, September 05, 2009 2 Comments A+ a-

It only seems appropriate to end this 30-Day Countdown with Kamma Lynn. Ah, my dear, sweet Kamma. She and I met at eight years old, in church. There was an instant connection!

Like most friendships, ours ebbs and flows. But no matter what, we can always pick up right where we left off. I know that if I ever need her, she’ll be there in a heartbeat.

When I first read your request for stories and memories about you the first thing I thought of was when I cut your hair...makes me smirk and giggle every time I think about it.:)

I have so many memories, though, you are either a main character or at least play a cameo part in most of my childhood and growing up memories.

Highlights: running around, playing hide-n-seek, hiding in the sauna, Sunday School (where Jeremy always knew ALL of the answers!) at the "health club church" where we met as 8yr olds; Sunflower Drive...wow so many...sleepovers, your mom always cooking us breakfast in the morning, truth or dare, peeking giggly in your moms dresser drawer (you know the one), playing in the garage, in the backyard, keeping a safe distance from your dad (he used to be so scary ;)), talking about boys, playing "college", singing and dancing around your bedroom, the fishtank room, Christy Miller and our "Todd"s, you (secretively) drinking vinegar, your moms fresh out of the oven ginger bread cookies (YUM!), dreaming together about what our lives would be like when we grew up...friends forever.

And that's just elementary school. Junior High, High School and beyond, so many laughs, friends, fights, boys, church camps, dances, lessons, adventures together, talks; bad and good times but always changing and growing and learning from each other, even when we thought we'd never talk again. I can't even mention so many of those individual things...

I look at your smiling face on the computer screen and I almost cry and smile and laugh all at the same time because you have been such an integral part of my life, and I can't imagine it being any other way. Not to mention your solid-rockness for me through everything with my mom. Can't say enough. I love you Jennifer.

Happy Birthday, and here's to 30, 50, 70 more! Always remember that you are as young or as old as you feel, so do whatever you can to feel YOUNG!!! BFFs...Kamma


Kamma Lynn, I love you! And yes, when I started this 30-Day Countdown, I realized that you were there at every turn. I was so happy to see this in my Inbox, it made me smile from beginning to end!

Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Stacey
AUTHOR
2:41 PM delete

so super sweet!

you're almost there!!!

one more day!

Love ya! (and love the new-est design!)


Will you design mine? I am ready for a new one!

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
10:42 PM delete

*smiles* Your day is almost here. It's been a joy to read through the memories of your life.

Reply
avatar