30 Years - Year 28

Saturday, September 05, 2009 3 Comments A+ a-

This is from Sarah, and her memory brought me to my knees. Wow. Sarah and I have been friends since second grade, our lives intertwining throughout the years. She and I have become closer since high school, holding each other accountable through life, as mothers, as wives, as sisters, and yes, even as friends. I am blessed by her presence in my life.

Jenn, picking just one memory from our years of friendship was hard. Your beautiful face appears at so many special points along the path.

But during your 28th year, I experienced something with you that was a beautiful picture of who you are, as a woman and a friend. I invited you to share in Sawyer's birth. Some people thought it strange that I would invite a friend into the delivery room, but it just seemed so natural to share such a special event with you, my sister in every definition of the word except for blood. And it wasn't just the fact that you were there with me as I brought my son into the world, it was how you were there that spoke volumes to my heart. You were there for ME, not the excitement of watching a birth, not to ooo and ahhh over my new son (although you did plenty of that too:)), you were by MY side, supporting ME! I remember vividly, seeing the tears in your eyes as I looked through the fog of my own. You just knew what was in my heart at that moment and you knew how to share in the joy.

You walked with me through the heartbreak of my miscarriages, holding me up when I was too weak to stand, crying different tears for me. And there, in that moment, we were beholding the answer to so many prayers. As everyone else flocked over to the bassinet to behold the newest member of our family, you stayed with me, I remember this especially. You asked me how I was doing as they stitched me up, holding my hand and telling me how beautiful my son was and what a great job I did. In that moment, Jenn, you were a living definition of the kind of person you are, the kind of friend and sister you are.

You know what's really important to the ones you love and you know how to love them. You can see inside the heart of another and you know how to carry someone else's burdens and share in their joys in a way that can only be attributed to a gift from God. When you love me, I feel as though I am being loved by Him! You have been Christ with skin on to me in more ways than you'll ever know, you are being used in profound ways Jenn, in the lives of those you love. As you embark upon this fourth decade of your life, I can't wait to see what God has in store, the ways He's going to continue to live in and through you, the ways He's going to challenge you and draw you to Himself. It is my prayer that somehow, I can be the friend to you that you have always been to me, that perhaps I have blessed you even half as much as you have blessed me! Happy Birthday my friend! This world is a more beautiful place with you in it!

Love you!!!!
Sarah


Friend, you humble me! I hope you know how much I depend on your friendship. You are beautiful, inside and out. And it was such an honor to get to witness the birth of Sawyer. Thank you for that gift!


Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
12:44 PM delete

Wow! Sarah sure has a way with words. She described you perfectly. This post brought tears to my eyes. I'm thankful for your friendship and that you have eachother.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
3:41 PM delete

I was going to say the same thing Christine! She made me tear up too

Reply
avatar
Kim
AUTHOR
2:41 PM delete

Beautiful Sarah.. A perfect way to describe such a wonderful person.

Reply
avatar