He is Faithful!!

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 4 Comments A+ a-

I was thumbing through my bible a few weeks ago and came across a dated letter that I’d written, prayed over, folded, and then placed in my bible. I took the letter out, unfolded it, and read the words I’d written , pouring out my heart before the Lord. As I read, a smile came to my lips, especially as I looked at the date of the letter, and I couldn’t help but rejoice in the faithfulness of my Lord.

My sister, Christine, shares her story here. And I’ve shared some of their story here on the blog as well. Wouldn’t you know it, but the letter I’m referring to is in regards to her story?!

It was heartbreaking to share even a part of that journey with my sister. There was nothing I wanted more for her, knowing that she’d always wanted to be a mother, and wondering if that was part of God’s plan for their life. When her miscarriage happened, I was across the country at a friend’s wedding. I can’t begin to explain how helpless I felt, states away, while my sister’s heart was breaking. I didn’t understand God’s timing in it all, and I still don’t, but I know there was a reason.

Exactly four months later, dated January 19, 2008, I wrote a letter to my Lord. Begging, pleading, scriptures peppered throughout regarding His promises to His children, and praying for a miracle in Christine’s life. In it, I wrote:
“I pray this is the year that you would lay your hand on Christine’s womb and create life, dear Father. My most fervant prayer is that Christine and Caleb would be holding a baby in their arms a year from now.”

On December 14, 2008, Elliana Faith came into the world and a year after I’d written a letter, praying over this situation, Christine was holding her one-month-old baby girl.

Our God is faithful!

Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:53 AM delete

Brought tears to my eyes. God is SO good!!!

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
5:44 PM delete

*tears streaming down my face*

I'm hurting so much right now. And sometimes it's just a struggle to get out of bed. I want nothing more than to see God's glory displayed in my life. I've prayed many prayers of faith like this one, yet God always interprets the answer much differently than I'd imagined. I'd appreciate it if you would pray for me. I really need God right now.

(I'm sorry this comment is a bit off topic and completely random.)

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
11:25 PM delete

Munchkin-
How your writing touches my heart. I am actually crying after reading this blog entry. Not only because I remember the pain during that time, but because God IS faithful and gave Caleb and Christine their heart's desire in Elliana. But your words made it so real again. Isn't it amazing when we find letters or written prayers to God and years later see how God answered those prayers. Not always our way, but He shows His love and faithfulness. Thanks for sharing honey.
I love you, Mom

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
11:29 PM delete

And Melody from above, we would be honored to pray for you. We don't know your need but will lift you up to the Lord. Know that He knows your heart and your desire to bring Him glory in your life. It pleases Him and He loves you. Please know that...
Jenn's Mom, Becky

Reply
avatar