30 Years - Year 4

Monday, August 10, 2009 2 Comments A+ a-

From Tina, wife of one of Dad's oldest and dearest friends. Our families grew up together, Peter was my age, Patrick was Christine's, and Sean was Alli's age. Where my parents went on to have a fourth daughter, Jim and Tina decided to stop with their three sons.

We've had many good times together!!


Jennifer,

I'm attaching a picture of you, Christine, Peter and Patrick at our really cool Smurf table! It was taken in January of 1984, when you were 4 years old and Christine was 2 years old. Your mom was pregnantwith Allison, and I was pregnant with Sean. Your family came to visit at our "little home on the prairie' near Peyton. We spent the afternoon sledding down a hill on our land. Your family ended up spending the night, and we had a big campout on our living room floor! That's the time that I taught your mom to make the felt Christmas tree ornaments that you had on your Christmas tree for many years! That's one of the special memories that I have of fun times with our families together when you were a little girl!

LOVE the picture Tina!!

Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
pedro
AUTHOR
10:27 AM delete

Fun post series, Jen!

Even though I didn't submit a memory, mine was going to be our fist day of Preschool at Moore. I remember that we were selling our house in Peyton, and my mom had gotten a job in FoCo. Since I was starting school, my mom and I lived at my grandparents' house in Longmont and commuted up for a few weeks.

We stopped by your house (I had a gold backpack), and I think that we all rode to school together. There's a pic of us in front of the classroom door. You, the vivacious extrovert, are grinning from ear to ear in your school dress and lacy socks, and I, the uncertain introvert look like I want to run out of the picture.

Fond memories!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
11:30 AM delete

I just realized that ALL the family have blogs except for Jim. He needs to jump on the train!

Reply
avatar