30 Years - Year 20

Thursday, August 27, 2009 1 Comments A+ a-

Moving on to something a little more happy, a little more carefree.

Allison came home after three months of intense therapy at Remuda Ranch, about a month after I turned 20 years old. One of the stipulations of her release was that our family receive counseling twice a month for a year; we went for two years.

I’m not sure if it was the counselor at Remuda Ranch, or our personal counselor that suggested a vacation, but whoever it was, God bless them! Up until now, our vacations consisted of days-long drives to our destination, usually Indiana or Arizona to see family or Mount Rushmore. But after the year we’d had, I guess Mom and Dad thought it was high-time for a luxurious vacation.

We took a harrowing plane ride to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The plane was small, we hit air pockets, and had turbulence; you name it, we had it. All I remember is squeezing my eyes shut and clutching my arm rests until we landed. (Truth be told, I don’t even remember who I was sitting next to; Christine, Allison, or Courtney, do you remember?) Regardless, I was terrified.

But once we were settled into our condo on the beach, I couldn’t have cared less about the plane ride there.

It was gorgeous! A two-bedroom condo, complete with a living room, dining room, full kitchen, and a patio that overlooked the pool and beach. It was incredibly indulgent, but we felt like it was a much deserved vacation!!

We swam in the pool and in the ocean. We took a boat out into deeper waters for snorkeling. We ate at restaurants; one night at a seaside restaurant where you could barely hear each other over the sound of the crashing waves. Mom made a scrumptious meal for us one night, which we ate out on the patio. Unfortunately, this was the night that I was incredibly sunburned and could barely move. Christine and I toasted Allison’s health with margaritas. Allison and Courtney had their hair braided by local women.

It was an amazing trip! And one I won’t soon forget!
Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
7:14 AM delete

I believe you were sitting by Christine if I remember correctly. It's time for another family vacation, it's been way too long!

Reply
avatar