30 Years - Year 17

Monday, August 24, 2009 2 Comments A+ a-

From Christine, the sister whom I shared a room with for 19 of my 29 years, the sister with whom I share the most memories. Another tear-jerker!

Jenn,

I always remember being close to you as a child, but I remember our relationship grew from being close sisters to best friends in High School. I'll always remember the first time I went to young life with you. It was the first time I remember being a little jealous and wanting to be just like you. The girls in my class thought you were really cool and the guys thought you were hot. :)

I remember the summer before my sophomore year our family started looking for a new church. That's when we ended up at Faith. I remember how much you and I liked the youth group and how much we liked the guys in the youth group. :) I remember the first time you told me that you had a thing for Jon. At first I didn't get it. He was nothing that I had always pictured for you. The moment I saw the two of you interact though, I knew that the attraction was mutual. Suddenly, it made sense. You were perfect for eachother right from the start. Who knew that we would both end up marrying guys from that youth group?! Mostly I remember our time together with that youth group. I remember Wednesday nights, double dates, summer nights, weekend group outings, going to Prom together, etc.

I also remember our bedroom and how we shared that bedroom for so many years. In our high school days we would stay up late at night talking. We would talk about school, boys, other girls, anything. We would talk about really light subjects and not so light subjects.

I also have many memories of you and I at Rocky. It was so comforting to have a sister at school with me. You were the first person I wanted to talk to anytime something exciting was happening in my life. I remember riding to school with you in Kim's car every morning and blasting the music as loud as we wanted and singing along.

I also remember how many times you came to my defense any time a friend or boyfriend had hurt me. You were always good at playing the protective role.

Jenn, as I look back at these many many high school memories of you, I smile and I cry at the same time. It was such a fun and great time in our lives, I just love each memory and each moment. It was literally the time of our lives. I cry though because I realize how fast time is flying. Can you believe it's already been 10+ years since then? We've come such a long way. I'm so proud to call you my sister. I still look up to you and follow your lead. You are a wonderful wife, mother, daughter, and sister. Oh yeah, and I still think you're really cool. ;)

Happy 30th Jenn. I love you and I don't know what I'd do without you.

Love,Chris

Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
12:19 PM delete

so sweet!!!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
2:28 PM delete

I'm sad the years are flying by so quickly too. Too bad time doesn't stand still

Reply
avatar