Who said you could grow up?

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 0 Comments A+ a-

Our baby, Miss Reagan, has already passed her six-month birthday and I'm in awe of how fast time is flying! She is sitting up by herself, she is eating rice cereal and other soft foods, she coos and giggles non-stop, she adores her sister, tolerates her brother, and has Daddy wrapped around her little finger.

Within the past three to four weeks, her personality has just bloomed. She has the most precious, sweet, and laid-back personality. However, don't let that fool you, behind that brilliant smile does lie a temper. A couple of weeks ago, as I fed her, she grabbed the bowl with both hands. After I pried her hands off the edges of the bowl (she is a strong little thing!), she threw herself back and proceeded to throw the biggest temper tantrum I've ever seen a six-month-old throw. Oh my!

At her six-month check-up on Friday, she weighs 12 pounds, 5 ozs, and is now 23.5 inches long. Yes, she is also tiny and only in the 1st percentile for both height and weight. Oh my precious, baby girl! She is the delight of our lives right now!

Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.