Motherhood is So Glamorous

Monday, July 13, 2009 5 Comments A+ a-

  • We took the kids to the drive-in on Friday night and had an absolute blast! Ice Age 3 and The Proposal, a perfect combination in my mind. I think the third Ice Age movie is the best out of the three and The Proposal is now my new favorite romantic comedy. Hysterical! Even Jon enjoyed it, and that’s saying something.

  • So, apparently, my youngest looks like a Cabbage Patch doll. Courtney has thought so since Reagan was about two months old. However, a complete stranger came up to me on Saturday to coo over Reagan. She looked at me and said, “She looks just like a Cabbage Patch doll.” Seriously?!

  • I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday and today my legs will barely allow me to walk and up down stairs. I didn’t even get to finish the first 20-minute session of LEVEL 1! Now that is a blow to any woman’s self-esteem. And if I hear Jillian Michael’s say one more time, “If you want to look like this, you have to earn it!", I might scream. It took everything within me not to chuck my hand weight at the TV. But then all I’d have is a broken TV, and that’s not going to do anyone any favors. Besides, I’m not sure I could have hefted that weight anyway; my arms were limp noodles a mere 8 minutes into the workout.

  • Sarah and friends celebrated her 30th birthday on Saturday with brunch and shopping. I didn’t get to join her in the shopping trip, but the brunch was absolutely divine. Complete with mimosas (this is the correct spelling, Courtney), quiches, and dear girlfriends. It was wonderful to celebrate Sarah’s big milestone that way.

  • Dr. Susie has issued an order for fecal sample from Hudson, this is to test the fat in his stools. This morning I get to attach this tiny “pee bag” to keep away any urine from contaminating his sample. Then I have 30 minutes to get it to the lab after I’ve collected the specimen. Ahhhh, the joys of motherhood!

  • Devyn is finally learning her way around a computer and asks for Disney.com all the time. Its amazing watching how fast she catches on and solved quite a few Mickey treasures hunts with the click of the mouse. She is growing up so fast, that girl of mine. In fact, she just woke up and is already begging for her turn on the computer.

  • Now that one is awake, the others will soon follow and its time to start my day. I have a pile of laundry that needs attention, oh, and can't forget, poop to collect too.

Photobucket

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Katie
AUTHOR
8:31 AM delete

Oh yes.. don't forget the poop collection! That's not something you say everyday!! I did the 30 day shred as well, and I had to quit half way through the first time too.=0) I only made it a week before I threw in the towel. It is so hard. Good luck!!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:51 AM delete

First of all Reagan DOES look like a cabbage patch doll.
Second, I still think it's mamosas
Third, 30 Day Shred is tough but it's good when you can feel it the next day. That means it's working. We should get together soon and do a workout together. It helps having partners!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:51 AM delete

Fourth, your new layout is gorgeous!!!!

Reply
avatar
Kelsey
AUTHOR
2:33 PM delete

Bryant and I just watched The Proposal yesterday and we loved it! And I think it's funny how you and Courtney can't agree on spelling...Amy and I are the same way :)

Kelsey

P.S. I think you and your sister have almost convinced me to start blogging again :)

Reply
avatar
NetBizSavvy
AUTHOR
12:04 AM delete

The joys of motherhood is priceless. Every sacrifice brings a certain amount of remarkable fulfillment. A lifetime of wonderful journey shared with loved ones. True and unconditional love is lived and expressed.

BluePixo Entertainment - A place for mom and dad to share topics about parenthood

Reply
avatar