Whimsical Wednesday

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 0 Comments A+ a-

  • I am sincerely sorry if anyone has tried getting in touch with me this past week. We are officially in summer mode, which means busier than usual with weddings, wedding and baby showers, BBQs, family, friends, etc.


  • If you’ve left a message, I promise to call you back soon. (This means you, Dareth. I am not ignoring you, I swear!)


  • It doesn’t help that I’m working full-time this week. The person that I job-share with is on vacation this week and as such, I’ve been asked to fill in on the days she normally works.


  • I’ve forgotten how much it takes out of me to work full-time. I’m quite anxious to return to my normally scheduled part-time status next week.


  • I feel like I haven’t seen my kiddos all week. Devyn has been off to Vacation Bible School with her friend Addison (thanks Cassie!), Reagan went to another friend’s home (thanks Sara!), and Hudson hung out with Aunt Alli and Elliana.


  • Then tonight Jon and I are starting a Reb Bradley parenting study with other Christian couples at Sarah’s house. I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll be given some new parenting tools, especially regarding our strong-willed son. I’m sure as with all parenting studies/theories/books, we’ll sift through everything to find something that works for us.


  • My house is also suffering from the effects of full-time work. I can’t tell you how far behind I am on laundry and house-cleaning in general.


  • Sigh.


  • I won’t be able to get anything done on Saturday morning because we are starting a new Beth Moore Esther study! I can’t wait! I got the study book in the mail yesterday and I couldn’t stop flipping through if. So excited!


  • Devyn is talking, talking, talking. I love it! And the more she talks, the more I realize how GOOD her spirit is. For example, Devyn assured Aunt Christine that she could leave Elliana with her and she’d watch over her cousin until Aunt Allison came back inside.


  • Hudson has adjusted well to his big-boy bed. He often goes to bed about 8:00pm, and now that we have a fan running throughout the night, he doesn’t wake until 7:30 or so. Amen!


  • I ‘m pretty sure that he is ready for potty-training; he runs up to me, grabs himself, and says “pee pee”. But before I can grab him, he’s off and running again. Truth be told, I don’t think I’m ready for potty training yet.


  • Reagan is going to turn six months old this month! Where has the time gone?! I find myself especially nostalgic as I watch each development, knowing that she is probably my last. She is loving tummy-time, rolls over, and is close to sitting up by herself.


  • Jon and I had a wonderful anniversary celebration and treated ourselves to a night out at The Melting Pot. We rarely so decadent, but it was so worth it! It was a memorable celebration.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.