The post that is NOT titled "Random Stuff"

Friday, June 26, 2009 3 Comments A+ a-

  • As I write this, my dad is home trying to pass two kidney stones. He is incredibly doped up! It's not funny, but it is. Poor guy! He's supposed to be leaving for a climbing trip here pretty soon; hope those kidney stones pass in time.
  • I hear that there's been a dry spell in Seattle lately; does anyone know if that's true? If so, we have plenty of rain/water down here in Colorado that we'd be happy to give back. This has been one of the craziest summers I've experienced.
  • Reagan is officially sitting up! And so darn proud of herself too. You can just see the sparkle in her eyes every time she joins Devyn and Hudson on the floor. She's happy to be a part of the "big" kids.
  • Quite frankly, I'm just sad at how fast her babyhood is moving past us.
  • My sister, Courtney, finally decided to join the blogging world. I knew it was just a matter of time before she caved! I'm still working on Christine and Allison. Who knows? Maybe someday they'll be listed on my blog roll.
  • Yes, I did design Courtney's blog too. I love doing it!
  • Devyn has become my little water baby, in other word's she is part fish! In this post, I excitedly showed off our newest addition to our summer activities. And now I can't get her out of the darn thing! Morning, noon, and night - if I'd let her.
  • The other day I glanced out of my bedroom window and saw her little bare bottom peeking at me from the pool. I had to bite my lip from laughing out loud and forced to come in and put on a swimsuit.
  • Hudson on the other hand is still as cautious as ever. He won't go in the water until I force him in, and only then will he stay to play.
  • Such a combination in my two eldest. Devyn, shy and timid as can be, yet is fearless and ready to try anything new. Hudson, on the other hand, is outgoing and friendly. A real flirt! But is so very cautious! He has to warm up to any new idea.
  • I'm excited to see Reagan's personality come out and wonder what little nuances we'll learn about her.
  • Why is it God uses complete strangers to remind us how very lucky and blessed we are? I met Tom this morning, he shuttled me back and forth from the dealership to my job today. A wonderfully nice man! I have a whole post brewing about our encounter today.
  • I am happy to report that we are not moving!
  • Oh, wait, didn't I mention that? Jon was debating a move that would take us to another part of the state. He was so serious, in fact, that he'd put some thought into the logistics of such a move. But in finding out it would cover one of the most dangerous mountain passes in Colorado, and that the cost of living was 40% more expensive, Jon decided that perhaps it wasn't a good idea at the moment.
  • I am deliriously happy!
  • I leave you with a recent picture of my littlest babe. Is she not just beautiful?!


I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
LDraper
AUTHOR
11:13 AM delete

I love posts like these!

And, I can speak to the recent lack of rain in Seattle.... it's crazy really. We went 30 straight days with no rain. We were craving the rain!!

Reply
avatar
6:51 AM delete

Jenn,

Its posts like these that remind me how much I look up to you. I know we have not known each other long, or very well, but I just can't help but hope that I can be more like you someday. Anyway, I hope my kids are half as cute as yours are, I would still be a very lucky mom with very cute kids. TOO CUTE>>>>

Reply
avatar
1:26 PM delete

I'll confirm the Seattle dryness, but unlike the previous comment, I am not craving rain... I want to DRY out! I guess that's a true Coloradoan speaking :)

Reply
avatar