How'd I get so lucky?!

Sunday, June 14, 2009 0 Comments A+ a-

Currently I'm sitting on the couch, holding a sleeping Reagan, HGTV is on the television, the kids are playing (nicely at the moment), Jon is napping, there's a cool breeze, and there's the hum of the dishwasher running in the background. I love moments like these, when I can sit and find blessings in the everyday stuff.

We've had a full weekend, including a bible study, a birthday party (Happy Birthday Miss Lyla!), dinner with Jon's aunt and uncle, and a trip to the zoo. It has been a great weekend, despite the frantic pace of it all.

And despite all the laughter, the conversation, the wine, and the memories that were created, its good to be back in the comfort of our home. There's a sense of rightness when I sink into the cushions on our couch.

Whether it be the craziness of running from one event to another, or simply listening to the sounds that make up my everday life, I am blessed!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.