Whistling a Happy Tune

Thursday, May 07, 2009 4 Comments A+ a-

Some randomness floating around in this head of mine today:

  • It is a five-Pepsi kind of day. Yes, you read that right, five. Better yet, just hook me up to an IV. I was woken at 4:30 by one child who needed to nurse and a half-hour later, all three were wide awake.
  • Speaking of nursing babies, Miss Reagan had her four-month check-up on Monday. (Four months, can you believe it?!) She has now surpassed her cousin and weighs 10lbs, 9ozs but Ellie gets the prize for being taller.
  • Reagan also received immunizations and had a rough couple of days afterwards. Nothing too serious, a slight fever (her first) and grouchy!
  • After much discussion, Jon and I decided to go ahead and make an appointment for Hudson with the pediatric endocrinologist. At the very least, it’ll put our minds at ease.
  • However, our answer is still a firm no when it comes to human growth hormones. He’s only two for crying out loud.
  • Mom, Christine, and I were running through our weekend plans for the month of May and guess what? Every weekend is taken up! Seriously. No lazy weekends for us this month.
  • This Saturday we’re heading down to Denver to visit with Jon’s cousin and her little ones. I’m really looking forward to it. And I know the kids are going to go wild when we get to Funtastic Fun.
  • We also have Mother’s Day, graduation parties, a Beth Moore conference, a bridal shower, and a wedding anniversary to look forward to this month.
  • Jon is determined to finish the sandbox for the kids though. So, he might be ducking out of a few events. But not the anniversary. Seven years. I can’t believe it!
  • I am relishing my part-time stay-at-home status; and I’m pretty sure the kids love it too. We’re having a ton of play dates and I’m even getting to a MOPS group in a couple of weeks.
  • Speaking of play dates, did I ever tell you about our play date with Cody? Cody is the two-year-old son of an old (we’re not really old, Melissa) classmate. Cody is as obsessed with basketball and Hudson is with golf. Neither wanted to play the other sport; it was quite the stand-off.
  • However, Cody was quite enamored with Devyn and kept hugging and kissing her. It was a brief glimpse into the future of having a boy in the middle of two sisters.
  • Poor kid better get used to the idea of friends crushing on the sisters.
  • I’ve had a few play dates myself. There is something so refreshing and so freeing about sitting around with girlfriends and comparing stories. It makes me feel so normal.
  • There was one particular “play date” with some friends from high school that involved dinner at the Olive Garden. I haven’t laughed that hard in such a long time! I hope we do it again soon.
  • Spring has definitely sprung on the Front Range and after the massive amounts of rain and really wet snow (five weekends in a row, thank-you-very-much), everything is SO green.
  • There are some flowering trees right outside the entrance to my job and they are so fragrant. I really wish I knew what kind they were so I could plant one at home.
  • And lastly, we have moved Hudson into a toddler bed. I can’t believe we’re at that stage already!! He has a hard time going down at night, but once he falls asleep, he’s out!
  • But please pray for Mom and Dad’s sanity, would you? There’s only so many times you can say, “Get back in bed” without feeling like you’re losing your mind.

PS I’ve moved a few things around on the blog (can you tell I’m loving this hobby of mine?!) and there’s now some easy buttons located under the header if you’re interested.

PPS This post is like one long list of Facebook status updates, don't you think?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Katie
AUTHOR
3:06 PM delete

Jenn,
I always love your random comments because it reminds me so much of my life! Enjoy your busy month!

Reply
avatar
Dee
AUTHOR
7:48 AM delete

Love this post.....sure sign of a busy and devoted wife and mama! :) Happy Spring....and enjoy the moments...they pass too quickly!

Reply
avatar
Christina
AUTHOR
12:41 PM delete

I love your About Me and Meet The Family posts! Very beautiful! :-)

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
1:34 PM delete

I am worn out...you are a busy momma. The new look is nice...I like the daisies.

Reply
avatar