Chocolate Chip Cookies

Monday, May 04, 2009 2 Comments A+ a-

For those that are friends with me on Facebook, know that I believe I found THE perfect chocolate-chip cookie recipe. I had so many request it, that I thought I'd post it on here. These cookies really are incredibly soft, chewy, and delicious; the best I've ever made!

2 and 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks of butter
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
package of chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
  • Heat oven to 375*
  • Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
  • Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy.
  • Add eggs; beat well.
  • Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
  • Stir in chocolate chips, and nuts if desired. (I did not add nuts.)
  • Drop by rounded teaspoons on greased cookie sheet.
  • Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. (I baked them for 10 minutes.) Remove to wire rack to cool.
  • Approximately 4-5 dozen cookies, depending on the size of the cookies. (We like them BIG in this house.)
Enjoy!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Joy
AUTHOR
12:31 PM delete

Thanks for sharing! I think I know what we are having for a snack today... oh wait, I'm out of chocolate chips. Darn!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
3:28 PM delete

that is my mom's recipe! She is locally famous for her choc chip cookies!
Christina

Reply
avatar