When It Rains and Baking

Thursday, April 02, 2009 4 Comments A+ a-

I am sad…

This morning my former supervisor passed away.
The coworker who had surgery on Tuesday was told that it was Stage 3 or 4 cancer.

It’s not the greatest of days…

But my mom just called with a fun story and it lifted my spirits.


Mom, Devyn, and Hudson were baking a cake together. After raising four girls, and having baked before with Devyn, she was unprepared for the “joys” of baking with a little man.

Mom scooped out the first cup of flour and handed it to Devyn, who gently turned it over into the bowl, careful to not get it anywhere else. Mom scooped out the second cup of flour and handed it to Hudson.

This is where any similarities end.

Hudson took the measuring cup and “slam-dunked” the flour into the bowl; he then pumped his fist in the air and exclaimed, “Yes!”

I just love that little man!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
4:21 PM delete

Ha ha! 100% boy!

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
6:42 PM delete

Sorry to hear about all the sadness. But the story about Hudson and the flour, that's just priceless and too cute. Thanks for sharing the story. My prayers are with your former supervisor's family and your coworker with cancer.

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
1:48 PM delete

She so enjoyed working with you!

Reply
avatar
Jenn
AUTHOR
3:11 PM delete

What a great story. I only have boys, so that is baking all the time in our house.

Jenn

Reply
avatar