Easter Cookies

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 2 Comments A+ a-



Look what we made this morning!


While I know making cookies together is a fun part of childhood and sweet memories can be made, I can't help but get stressed out when trying to measure out ingredients and having little hands in the dough, spilling things, etc. I wish I had my mother's patience for baking with the kids. (See post below.) But I think I found a good compromise. I made the dough after the kids went to bed, let it cool in the fridge overnight, and then we cut out the shapes and decorated the cookies together this morning.



The kiddos waiting to ice and decorate the cookies.


While the cookie cutters I got this year did not include any crosses, we had plenty of eggs, bunnies, and flowers. All celebrating life. =) While I will be on the lookout for a cross cookie cutter for next year, I'm thankful that Nana has been doing the Resurrection Eggs with Devyn. She is starting to understand that Jesus died and came back to life. It makes me smile when I think of her trying to explain it to Hudson. Hudson, on the other hand, is convinced that Easter is for all things sweet and having to dress up.


And proof that they fight over who gets to be with Reagan more.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Stacey
AUTHOR
2:33 PM delete

I LOVE your idea for compromise!! I will do that also - since the OCD side of me will just not bake with the children without lots of deep breathing and praying for patience.

Lord! Help me to live in the little moments with those lovelies!!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:02 PM delete

Reagan is so chill

Reply
avatar