Travel Highlights

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 1 Comments A+ a-

Some highlights from our quick trip to Arizona:

  • Getting to meet Amazing Racer in person! I've been a private stalker of her life for over a year now and it was great to finally get to talk to her face-to-face.


  • Getting to hear the infamous "wedding cloths" story. Oh geez, I can't go into it online but suffice it to say, hil-ari-ous!!


  • Spending time with cousins, of all ages and sizes. Especially enjoyed watching my two older youngsters getting along so well with the next generation of cousins.


  • Spending time with "aunts" and getting to know the newest one better. By mutual agreement, I won't be calling them Aunt So-in-So; its a little weird when they're only a few years older than me. (And no, my uncles aren't cradle-robbers, they're just very close in age to me.)


  • Watching Dad get into the "Cha-Cha Slide" on the dance floor. Again, hil-ari-ous! It's his new favorite must-have dance at every wedding.


  • Watching my cousin Ryan get pummeled by three preschoolers and a toddler. It was wrestle-mania to the max!


  • Hearing Devyn use the word "Awkward" in the right context and using the right connotation. (Think Old Navy commercial or the reporter in Evan Almighty.)


  • Getting lost in east-Phoenix looking for a Super Walmart and forcing someone else to run to the airport to pick up Christine, Caleb, and Elliana. Oops!


  • Getting lost on the way to the wedding ceremony. Let's just say that I'm not a big fan of Mapquest anymore.


  • Being asked if I was old enough to have champagne at the wedding toast. Seriously, something is very wrong when none of my sisters or cousins are asked that question, even my still-not-legal, underage cousin!!


  • And last, but certainly not least, the wedding of Uncle Andy and Christina. It was a beautiful day! Welcome to the family "Aunt" Christina!

Did I miss anything? Any other highlights I forgot to share?



I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
Tina Janelle
AUTHOR
2:51 PM delete

Jennifer, I loved the "Slide". In fact, I copied the idea and put one on my blog - THANKS!!

Reply
avatar