Small Peeks

Sunday, March 08, 2009 6 Comments A+ a-

This is the best I've ever felt during the post-partum period. Many of you know how I struggle with post-partum depression, the lowest point happening in August of 2007. This time around, my doctors put me on the generic form of Z*oloft about eight weeks before my due date. (And I'm so thankful for that decision during the craziness of December. I would have been a wreck FOR SURE without that medication in my system.)

I'm not sure if its the Z*oloft, or the fact that I'm only going back to work part-time, or maybe, just maybe, my God is bigger than post-partum depression. Regardless, this is the best I've ever felt and I'm incredibly thankful.

***************

We're still in the midst of Hudson's obsession with hockey (aka golf) and any other sport involving balls. My days consist of hitting balls while breastfeeding or racing Hudson for the ball in hockey. I'm quite pleased with my developing skills, although there are times I swear Hudson looks at me with contempt and disbelief that I could possibly miss one of his pitches. That boy makes me laugh!

He now uses the B*oppy pillow as his pitching mound. Quite ingenious if you ask me.

***************

Devyn reached a new milestone these past couple of weeks and is now writing her name!! Uppercase and lowercase, without any help from me. Excuse while I take a moment to bask in the glow of my daughter's success.

In all seriousness, however, I got pretty teary. I can't believe how big she is getting and how fast she is developing. We're currently working on Hudson's name, at her request, and we've gotten an ABC handwriting book for her to start practicing letters.

I've still got another year and a half with her before I have to think about kindergarten. Thank goodness milestones come in spurts!

***************

As my mother-in-law witnessed this past weekend, I have quite the charmer/Romeo on my hands. For the past week or so, I have witnessed/experienced Hudson practicing his "moves" on his sisters and his mother. Before I gross anyone out, lets remember the child is two and has no idea what he's doing. But when he tilts his head, closes his eyes, and kisses with his mouth open, I have to wonder what he's been watching! Could it be the newlywed couple? Who knows, but I'm going to have to lock the kid up when he turns 14 and his hormones start raging!

***************

I think we might have a redhead on our hands. Reagan seems to be getting some definite red tones in her hair and her complexion has gotten much lighter. I'm wondering if peaches 'n cream will describe our little girl.

***************

While some friends seem to think that I have this mothering-thing down pat, let me reassure them that I do not deserve any mother-of-the-year awards. I have stopped counting the number of times that I've been low on patience, low on self-control, and quick to anger. *Sigh* It is a humbling thing to be told by my four-year-old that, "Mama, you need to obey God too" and realize that there is so much truth in her words. It's then that I have to take a step back, look back on the day, and realize that forgiveness must be sought.

I have loved Elise's posts on "Taking Back the Days (and Nights)" and realize that just one mess-up doesn't have to define our days. I am human, I mess up, I will continue to mess up, and all I can do is my best in mothering these beautiful babes of mine. And with each forgiveness comes a fresh start.

***************

And last, but certainly not least, we are in the midst of getting ready for a trip to Arizona. We leave in three days for my uncle's wedding and a part of me cringes at the idea of a 14-hour road trip with three little kids. Please say a prayer for my sanity and a safe trip for all. We should be back next Monday evening.

Jon will be staying behind as he missed three weeks of work when Reagan was born. Besides, its still the middle of the winter season here, and as boss, its probably not a good idea for him to miss even more work. I hope he doesn't get too lonely without us. *wink*

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
5:49 AM delete

So fun to catch up on your life!

I can't wait to see you all. I will be praying for the trip that it goes so smoothly that you want to do it again soon :)

Reply
avatar
Elise
AUTHOR
1:52 PM delete

What a lovely sneak peek into your home, Jenn! Thank you. I love the updates on your kiddos, and your frankness when it comes to how *you* are doing. You're in my prayers.

Isn't this mama thing wonderful/difficult/happy/sad/easy/hard....?!? :) Love you.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
6:02 PM delete

I'm sorry if we set a bad example for your very impressionable 2 year old. I bet he is precious when practicing to kiss however.

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
6:59 PM delete

Love these catch-up posts of yours! I have said this before, but I feel like we just went for coffee!

I have enjoyed Elise's posts about taking back the days as well....so powerful for me.

Thank you for your honesty, Jenn. I just love you. You are an amazing Mama! You and I will be living a similar schedule here soon...working part-time and all. Good luck. I just LOVE it!!

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
11:00 PM delete

Oh my a 14 hour road trip !!!!! Yes my prayers will defiantely be with you.

It's great to get some little snippet updates. I always enjoying hereing about those munchkins of yours.

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
6:50 PM delete

You'll be here soon. It'll be great to meet ya all face to face.

Reply
avatar