Ready to Go

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4 Comments A+ a-

  • Bags packed... check.
  • Oil changed... thanks to Jon, check.
  • Air pressure checked... check, check.
  • Van cleaned... courtesy of Jon, check.
  • Diaper bag... check.
  • Camera battery charged... check.
  • Audio books ready... check.
  • Money... double-checked!

To Do:

  • Buy snacks for the trip.
  • Pack up the van.
  • Decide which toys are going with.
  • Pray really hard and keep fingers crossed for a successful trip!

We have been preparing for this trip for months now! Travel plans have been scratched, changed, cancelled, and reworked more times than I can count. I have scoured stores looking for wedding/Easter apparel for the little ones and am pleased with what I bought. (So pleased, in fact, that I can't wait to post pictures for you all. Similar in color, without being too matchy-matchy.) I finally gave in and tried on some of my summer clothes. I was discouraged to find that nothing fit (yes, I'm very aware that I just gave birth a couple of months ago but a girl can dream, right?) and had to do some emergency shopping for myself.

I think we have everything covered. (Of course the minute I say that, we're going to forget something.) Our plan is to leave tomorrow evening, drive through the night so the kids will sleep the majority of the trip, and arrive in Arizona sometime mid-day on Thursday. I am really looking forward to spending time with family! I'll write more when we return. Until then...

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
9:25 AM delete

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
1:38 PM delete

Your bravery amazes me. Have a blessed, safe trip.

Reply
avatar
8:22 PM delete

Yeah I have lost most of the baby weight, but don't seem to fit into my pre-baby pants. I had to break down and buy a pair of pants to hold me out until I can get back into my "good pants". I truly sympathize.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
7:40 PM delete

Just dropping in and getting caught up on your posts. Love your bread picture! Have a great trip. I'm heading out to NC with the 4 kids (and only me!) next week. You can survive road trips!

:)

Reply
avatar