Quick Takes and Links

Friday, March 27, 2009 1 Comments A+ a-


Yesterday was Jon’s birthday and instead of getting to celebrate it with him, we were stuck indoors watching the snow rage outside while he worked long shifts to clear the snow off the road. Poor guy! But he and I have a date tonight, our first without ANY of the kids, and I’m so looking forward to it. Many thanks to Christine and Caleb for taking on all three kids; my hat is off to you.

***************

We have discovered a sure-fire birth control method. Come hang out with me and my three kiddos for a day. Seriously, I have already converted two sisters into thinking they’re never going to have children and I’ve convinced another friend that they should stop at two. While I’m half-joking, I also realize how chaotic life has become with three.

***************


Prayers for Stellan

Please, please, please pray for MckMama and her five-month-old son, Stellan. You may recall I brought your attention to her blog last year, well it seems as though Stellan is back in the hospital with the same condition that he had in-utero. I have never prayed as hard, or as fervently, for strangers as much as I have for them. Please join us in covering this precious family in prayer.

***************

I have cautiously joined the newest craze of Twitter. So now I maintain three different sites: my blog, Facebook, and now Twitter. While I’m still learning the basics of Twitter and unsure why I think anyone would find my life that interesting besides me, please feel free to follow along. (Why I think I have time for these things is beyond me.)

***************

I have had a heavy heart this week. My first supervisor, an amazing, Christian woman, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and has taken a serious turn for the worse. I hurt for her family. Then another coworker was diagnosed with a brain tumor this week and is going in for surgery next Tuesday. I am going to be on my knees a lot in the weeks ahead.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
MamaBear
AUTHOR
12:57 PM delete

Thanks Jenn for posting about Stellan. I know Jennifer appreciates the support and prayers that have been pouring in. I think it's her wonderful pictures that make it feel like we can reach right through the computer screen and touch him.

I wish everyone could see the way his face lights up a room when he smiles. It gets me every time!

As for adding twitter, I've found it to be wonderful. Things that float around in my brain as potential posts can zip right out through Twitter. I feel zero pressure to Twitter unlike the pressure I feel to keep up with posting pics of the kids and writing coherent posts.

I don't have a text plan on my cell so maybe the trick is to only twitter from your computer.

Have a great weekend! Oh, and enjoy your date night. :)

Reply
avatar