I've been...

Friday, March 20, 2009 3 Comments A+ a-

...playing around with the template again. What do you think?

Tomorrow we are heading up to Jon's grandparent's cabin and it'll be good to get away just the five of us. Since the trip to Arizona and starting back at work, I think we're all feeling a little disconnected. It'll be a great end to what was a nail-biting week.

Going back to work was a little easier on me this time around. Granted it was hard leaving my kiddos, especially the baby, but there was such relief in knowing that I get to have more time with them. Wednesday will be a piece of cake, as I don't have to be at work until 1:00 and then four hours later I'm done. Thursdays and Fridays are my long days but oh, it feels good knowing that I'll be home with them again for another four days straight after that.

It was a lot harder on the two oldest this time around. Devyn is now able to articulate what it is she's feeling and what it is she wants. And she wants her mama home. Tears were shed and schedules were explained, but she's not going to get it until we get into a groove. I think she'll be ok. And Hudson, while he might not be able to say what he's feeling, his actions spoke much louder than words this morning. From the moment he woke up, he would not leave my side, nor let me put him down. It's quite a feat to get ready for the day with a two-year-old on your hip. =) Its nice to feel wanted, and I greatly treasure my cuddly, little man, but my arms are very tired now.

So, that's this week in a nutshell. I am especially thankful to God for this wonderful new schedule of only two and a half days a week; I have been praying for this schedule for a long, long time!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
MamaBear
AUTHOR
8:02 AM delete

The new look is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Since my hubby was laid off I've had to start working more - it breaks my heart to be away from my kids (even though I'm in the home office). The silver lining is they foster great relationships with their caregivers. In my case - their dad and your case, your mom (and sister too right?). THEN, when we are able to be with them, we can savor every second....

I'm sure you know all this already, but I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone in this journey.

Enjoy your weekend as a family!

Reply
avatar
Tamara
AUTHOR
10:14 AM delete

I made a special box for Owen when I returned to work--we called it the "gramma box" b/c Gramma would be watching him, and he could only get it out if Gramma was here.
Inside were special snacks, special activities (playdoh, new colors, really anything different than what he has daily), and maybe a picture of me or note.
It gave him something to look forward to when I was gone.

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
7:13 PM delete

Oh I really like Tamara's suggestion. As I've never been in your shoes I have no idea what that feels like. I imagine it is very hard to leave them.

Reply
avatar