Two Week Hiatus

Monday, February 16, 2009 3 Comments A+ a-

I’m writing this from the comfort of my couch. Devyn and Hudson are napping, HGTV is on the television, and Reagan is sleeping in my lap. Once again, the blog has been quiet for the past couple of weeks, so let me catch you all up.

Jon was gone last week for training, and I was left home alone with the three kids for the first time. So what’s a girl to do?! I packed us all up and moved in with my parents and sister for the week. Yes, I know, some may see it as silly and others may consider me lucky. I’m part of the second group. It was wonderful having some extra hands, especially when Devyn woke us all up at 4:00am one morning. And quite frankly, I love that my kids got such great quality time with Nana, Papa, and Aunt Alli. However, as the week drew to a close, I was so excited and happy to have Jon back home and our family under one roof again.

Speaking of my mom, its been quite some time since I’ve updated the world wide web on her illness. She is doing amazing! Ever since she was discharged from the hospital, she has improved by leaps and bounds. She is walking around, only using the walker or cane when her legs are tired, and even going up and down stairs, as long as someone is behind her. She was released from Occupational Therapy last week and now is only doing Physical Therapy twice a week. The other thing that has been amazing to witness, is watching how her family and friends have really come together. My Aunt Debbie put together a calendar and family and friends have shown up every night with a meal for my parents for almost six weeks now! Not to mention how family came together to purchase a Wii and a Wii fit for my mom’s recovery. Thank you to everyone who has pitched in!

The kids, wow, the kids are amazing. We’re definitely dealing with some adjustment issues, and we’re just beginning to see how deep the stubborn streak in Hudson really goes. But as long as we’re consistent with rules, discipline, and love, everything seems to be falling into place.

Devyn has her four-year-old check-up last week, only three months late, and we discovered that she’s now in the 50th percentile for both weight and height. We’re not surprised; we’re constantly in awe at how much she’s changed in the past few months. Her legs simply go on forever!! Her doctor is immensely pleased with the progress she’s made with her speech, its even gotten to the point where we wonder if she’ll ever stop talking! I promise, it’s not something that we take for granted. The speech therapy/preschool class has done wonders for her and she reciting nursery rhymes, the alphabet, songs, and counting all the time now.

Hudson, oh, sweet, stubborn, lovable, mischievous, handsome Hudson. My little man turned two years old yesterday and, again, amazed that time has flown so fast. We had a wonderful celebration with family and friends, although Hudson was less than cooperative during the gift-opening time. Once he opened the bowling set, all other gifts ceased to exist. My thanks to everyone for understanding the temperament of our two-year-old. The only thing I can say about Hudson is that he is the epitome of boy… all boy! He loves everything, and anything, relating to sports and balls. And I believe, although I am the mama so take it with a grain of salt, that he has some natural sport talent there. I don’t know many two-year-olds who can pitch a baseball with such accuracy.

And Reagan…my, I can’t believe she is already seven weeks old already. She is growing… and growing… and growing. She is by far our most chunky baby and I’m loving every roll on her legs and neck. She is still sleeping most of the time, but has recently started smiling at us. It never ceases to amaze me how much those first smiles touch my heart. I am finally ready to admit that Miss Reagan definitely takes after my side of the family, a first for us, and it makes me smile. Reagan is coos and smiles, sleepy stretches, milk-induced stupors, kissable cheeks, and snuggles. We are enjoying her so much.


I think that covers everyone and catches you up with us. I have a couple of posts brewing in my head and I’ll be back later this week, along with pictures of the birthday boy, the baby, and even Miss Devyn. I have some hilarious stories to share, so check back later.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
5:22 PM delete

So happy to hear that you're all settling in! Take your time and enjoy those babies! Love to your family!

Reply
avatar
pedro
AUTHOR
7:56 PM delete

Glad to hear all's well after the crazy holiday season this year.

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
7:40 AM delete

So glad to hear that everyone is thriving.

You are such a great mom. That's why you have such great kids...

Reply
avatar