Tidbits and Stories

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4 Comments A+ a-

Oh goodness, and the laughter just keeps on keeping on...

----------------------------
I had bought a Valentine's card for Jon from the kids, involving the infamous Charles Schulz character, Snoopy. I brought out the crayons and markers, and encouraged them to color the Valentine's card for Daddy. Everything was shaping out as I thought it would when out of nowhere Devyn said, "I'm giving Snoopy a p*nis, just like Daddy has one."

And before I could react, there it was drawn, right between Snoopy's legs. I managed to muffle my laughter long enough until I could get into the other room.

----------------------------
Oh my word, Hudson cracks me up! Just this moment he brought me a soccer ball... well, let me back up.

On the Wii Fit system, there is a balancing game involving soccer balls being thrown at you, along with shoes and Panda heads, and you have to head the soccer balls while avoiding the other things, and balancing on your feet.

So, Hudson brings me a soccer ball and made me throw the ball at his head... over and over again! Man, that boy is smart!

---------------------------
Hudson, not Devyn, is the one carrying around a baby doll and nursing and burping it. Not as gently as a girl would, but he's being as nurturing as a boy can be!

--------------------------
"Mama," Devyn looks at me imploringly, "I not need a nap, I'm not grouchy. Hudson is."

--------------------------
And I think it may be safe to announce that Miss Paige is finally sleeping in her own bed, through the night! All it took was four years and a lecture from Dr. Susie.

Seriously, if I'd known that all Devyn needed was a talking-to from Dr. Susie, that discussion would have taken place two and a half years ago!!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Mindy
AUTHOR
9:56 PM delete

Jenn,

Your family is TOO CUTE. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,

Mindy

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
6:31 AM delete

All very cute! Thanks for letting us share in the joy of your little ones. I hadn't thought about that soccer balancing game - now I'm actually surprised (but thankful) that my boys have tried to recreate that in real life.

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
7:06 AM delete

So adorable!

Maybe A needs a visit to Dr. Susie...

Congratulations on that!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:39 AM delete

I can totally see Hudson trying to head butt soccer balls. We have an athlete on our hands for sure!

Reply
avatar