25 Things

Thursday, January 29, 2009 2 Comments A+ a-

There's a fun little meme going around on Facebook. I've been tagged to post 25 things about myself and thought it would be fun to share here as well. This is completely and totally random, and was a blast to do. Enjoy!
  1. I am the oldest of four girls. We are a passionate, lively bunch who both love and fight with everything we've got.
  2. Jon and I have been together since my senior year of high school. In fact, last month we found our first "marriage" license. We got it at the Sadie Hawkins dance about a month after we starting dating.
  3. My friends and family mean the world to me, there is nothing I wouldn't do for them.
  4. I am the world's worst eater. It is a common joke among my coworkers that I'll call Doritos and a Pepsi breakfast.
  5. I am absolutely dreading my big 3-0 birthday in September. 40, 50, or even 60 doesn't bother me. There's just something about leaving your twenties.
  6. I am such a planner, I like knowing exactly what, where, when, and how something is going to happen.
  7. I hate, hate, hate to cook but love baking.
  8. I hope to someday have a book published. I have 5 chapters written, I just have to find the motivation to get back to it.
  9. The births of my three children has absolutely changed my life for the better; I'm still working on that patience thing though.
  10. After a post written by my cousin, I have been thinking about this a lot. I do not believe in soul mates. I think it takes away from the idea of free-will given to us by God; I don't think God would create a concept where something other than Him would "complete" us; and I believe that once you have said vows with your spouse, that person becomes "the one" and should be treated as such.
  11. Jon and I met on a mission trip to Guatemala when I was 16 years old and Jon was 15 years old.
  12. I absolutely cannot wait to start working part-time. I have been dreaming of more time at home since Devyn was born over four years ago.
  13. I am dying to get back on the slopes, its been far too long.
  14. I hate heights, I couldn't even walk over the Royal Gorge bridge. Yet I'm planning to go sky-diving for that unmentionable birthday (see #5 above).
  15. I really wish all my friends would stop moving away.
  16. In regards to #15, I feel blessed to live in Colorado with "my" mountains. They're great for camping, skiing, fishing, four-wheeling, and the list goes on.
  17. In spite of #4 above, I absolutely love salad. Name any restaurant and I have a favorite salad there. One of my all-time favorite salads is the Bacon Salad my great-grandmother used to make for us.
  18. I never thought I'd have three children in four years! So much for having a "plan".
  19. My biggest, most fervent desire for my daughters (and my son) is a healthy, solid self-esteem.
  20. I became an aunt for the first time 15 days before my youngest was born. I absolutely adore Miss Elliana and think she's beautiful in her headbands. I'm still voting for Aunt Jenny, instead of Aunt Jenn.
  21. There is nothing that I love more than to worship my God with song. (I'm looking forward to that three-hour worship service Daniel!)
  22. I miss my first babies; a boxer-mix named Jackson and a lab-border collie mix named Grady. Even though they were runners, they were great dogs.
  23. I do not like chocolate. I'll eat it once in a while, but I prefer sour and salty over chocolate or sweet. Jon has the sweet-tooth in our family.
  24. I am a spender, I am horrible at saving money and our checkbook reflects it.
  25. I have never been to Disney World, nor seen the Atlantic Ocean.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Melissa King
AUTHOR
10:20 AM delete

I absolutely think Pepsi and Doritos is the breakfast of champions...seriously, it is my favorite combo. We are very much alike Jenn, although I knew that. That's why we're friends!

Reply
avatar
7:28 AM delete

Aren't you glad our "plans" don't always work out? So happy for you and glad that little Reagan is healthy. She is beautiful, and you are indeed blessed.

Much love,
Katherine

Reply
avatar