Quick Snippets

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 5 Comments A+ a-

While running wedding errands last weekend, I jokingly told Christine, “Wow, you’re bossy today!”

And then a tiny, pipsqueak of a voice chimed from the backseat, “You’re bossy too, Mommy.” Thank you, my daughter.

*********

Do you think it’s possible to consider something that is cold, metal, and has wheels as a comfort item? Hudson has recently discovered cars and must go to bed with a matchbox car in each hand. Not only that, he wakes up with a matchbox car in each hand too. Such a boy!

*********

While the kids always go to sleep in their own beds each night, there are times that they still end up in our bed by morning. Devyn has suddenly adopted the foot of the bed as her own space and this morning was no exception. Daddy was a little surprised this morning when he turned on the light and saw both my feet and Devyn’s head peeking out from the covers.

*********

30 days until Baby Trece’s due date…
15 days until we celebrate the birth of our Lord…
11 days (and counting) until Courtney’s wedding…
7 days until out-of-state relatives and friends start arriving…
5 days until Christine is past her due date…
1 day until my next OB appointment…

*********

And we still haven’t decorated yet; our poor children are so deprived this year. But I am happy to report that at least we’re done Christmas shopping.

*********

When disciplining Devyn earlier this week, she put hands on her hip and informed me that, “Mommy, Daddy is the boss.” While biting the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing, I was more than happy to remind her that when Daddy wasn’t around, I was the boss.

*********

Hudson has developed a habit from watching his daddy and continually leans back in his chair at the dinner table. Despite repeated warnings and cheeky smiles in return, we decided that perhaps a natural consequence was needed. Sure enough, Hudson tipped so far back in his chair that he fell over and needless to say, a lesson was learned that night.

*********

The best sound at night is listening to the delighted laughter of our children playing together; the two of them are now inseparable and the best of friends. It won't always be like this but I'm soaking it in while I can.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
1:11 PM delete

Daddy's the boss, huh?

Good job, I don't think I could have held it together with that one.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
1:38 PM delete

Natural consequences never worked for the chair reclining....I remember a few tip overs by Hudson's daddy:)
xoxox

Reply
avatar
Meredith
AUTHOR
5:22 PM delete

Just popped over from MckMama's blog frog... love your blog!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
6:08 PM delete

I always love your snipet posts! They give me a peek into your life amidst my own business.
Love you friend!
Sarah

Reply
avatar
MamaBear
AUTHOR
10:06 PM delete

I agree with Sarah - your snipet posts are fun, informative,and inspire me to do the same. Short, sweet, and not necessarily relevant to each...a real slice of life.

Does your sister have an induction plan just in case?

Reply
avatar