A Momentous Day

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 5 Comments A+ a-

Oh my… It was an incredibly special day. And at the end of it, all that mattered was that Courtney married her best friend and became a Mrs.
Some wonderful memories were made. We all woke up at my parents house and trooped downstairs to talk about the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. We laughed, we swapped stories, and we all agreed that it was a successful evening. We got ready and headed to the beauty salon where the bride, the mother-of-the-bride, and all the bridesmaids took turns getting their hair done. Aunt Debbie showed up with a Starbucks drink for all of us, and we all giggled at Devyn’s antics, even when I was supposed to be chastising her for sneaking sips of my coffee drink.
Then it was off to the church to finish getting ready, to put on dresses and makeup, watch the “First Look” between bride and groom, and be ordered to different poses and settings for wedding pictures. Those two hours flew by and before we knew it, the ceremony was about to begin. Devyn and Hudson did an amazing job, both making it down the aisle with little coaxing. Once at the front, Hudson threw the ring pillow down like he was spiking the football and then ran to Jeremy with arms up, begging to be picked up. It was the perfect introduction for Uncle Jeremy. Devyn made it to the front with the rest of the bridesmaids but halfway through the opening prayer, told me she was going to sit down and proceeded to sit with Uncle Brock and his girlfriend, Holly, for the rest of the ceremony.
A quick ride on the Limo Bus to the hotel and the party was in full swing. After a delicious dinner, meaningful toasts, the cake cutting, and appropriate dances, the dance floor never emptied. And my two little dancers never left the dance floor once! Oh, those two… they danced their little hearts out. At one point, Hudson had a circle around him as he got down to “Bringing Sexy Back”. Oh my, I have a heartbreaker on my hands!
Side note: My friend, Mandy, came up to me to relay a story that just leaves me in awe of my little girl. Mandy had gone up to Devyn to tell her what a beautiful flower girl she was and how pretty her dress was. After saying thank-you, Devyn pointed to her three-year-old cousin (second cousin? first cousin, once removed?) and said, “Look at her, isn’t her dress beautiful too?” And my heart melted. There are some things that parents just can’t teach and this is one of them. I am in awe of the gracious, loving, and sweet spirit that is my daughter; is it weird that I want to be more like her?
It was a day to remember and I’m so thankful that we were ALL able to be part of it. Christine was there, with her husband and seven-day-old daughter, and Mom was there too. (I have yet to relay what is going on with my mom and I hope to have a post on here soon.) But despite the fears and anxieties of the past weeks, it was a day to celebrate the arrival of a new brother-in-law and the birth of a new family as Courtney and Jeremy became one. It was a momentous day indeed!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Christina
AUTHOR
6:08 PM delete

Congrats to your beautiful sister!!! You all looked amazing!!!! WOW - so much excitement in a short period of time. Loved the pictures. :-)

Reply
avatar
Aspiemom
AUTHOR
6:27 PM delete

Beautiful pictures and so much excitement in your family!

Can't wait for your own baby picture to appear.

Merry Christmas to you.

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
12:08 AM delete

You all look so happy. I'm glad everyone was able to be there. It looks like God timed everything just perfect for you all.

I'm looking forward to reading about the next new arrival to the family. ;-)

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
6:47 AM delete

What a wonderful day! It's so nice that it worked out for all of you to be there to celebrate together. Looks like a beautiful wedding.

Julie

Reply
avatar
11:59 AM delete

Oh my goodness!!! Those pictures and all the people in them are so beautiful! And such a sweet story about Miss Devyn... she is a very special and sweet girl. And you are the cutest (and most breath takingly beautiful) pregnant woman I have ever seen!

Reply
avatar