Meeting Miss Elliana

Monday, December 15, 2008 7 Comments A+ a-

Quite enamored with the newest addition.

Sharing a joke between cousins!

One of my new favorite pictures... the cousins!

We stopped by the hospital for about an hour this morning to introduce Elliana to her older cousins. Devyn is quite in love with the newest addition, constantly wanting to hold her, touch her, or kiss her. In fact, she didn't want to leave. Hudson is just curious, having to be told "gentle" and "soft" on numerous occasions. He likes to poke, what can I say?! Holding Elliana and chasing down Hudson and Devyn gave me a small idea of what I have to look forward to in just a few weeks.

Mommy is doing well, she is sore, tired, and a bit overwhelmed. They had five hospital staff visits during the one hour that we were there. I'm sure a good rest will go a long way in helping Christine. Please pray for Christine and healing from the c-section, and that Elliana will get the hang of breast-feeding. Thanks everyone for your well-wishes and prayers! They are greatly appreciated!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
5:27 PM delete

What sweet pictures! And what a little answer to prayers she is, I'm sure your whole family is just rejoicing over her! Wedding in 5 days, the excitement never ends!
Love you!
Sarah

Reply
avatar
Kamma
AUTHOR
7:40 PM delete

Absolutely beautiful!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
10:03 PM delete

Jenn-
This picture of the three of them is just so precious!!! =) What a blessing our grandchildren are!! What a gift! Thanks for sharing such a special picture.
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
5:48 AM delete

I love that picture of the cousins.
I can't wait to throw another cousin into the mix in a couple days :)

Praying for Christine. This mama thing is a touch overwhelming to say the least. And the lack of sleep...let's just say that's a huge adjustment.

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
11:05 AM delete

I'll be praying for her healing. Like the others have said, some good rest will go a long way for her. It's so sweet that you got to get a little taste of what it will be like for your family in a few weeks. Blessings dear...

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
1:16 PM delete

augh, I remember that - I didn't even stay at the hospital as long as I could have because I was so tired of random strangers (doctors, whatever) popping in and checking ALL of me. goodness gracious...

please tell Chris hi and "YAY WAHOO ALRIGHT" for me!!

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
6:13 AM delete

Just getting to catch up on blogging but wanted to say Congrats to Christine and her family! So Happy for them!

Blessings
Crystal

Reply
avatar