With Thanks - Days 6, 7, 8

Sunday, November 09, 2008 1 Comments A+ a-

Forgive me... I'm a bit behind.


Day #6: I'm thankful for family nights out. We took Devyn and Hudson bowling on Friday night and had a blast. It was Hudson's first time bowling and he took to it like a fish to water. I hadn't even had a chance to put my bowling shoes on, when Hudson had taken an 8-pound ball and tried throwing it down the alley himself. He decided to follow the ball and was halfway down the lane before I caught up to him. He and Devyn even bowled a spare together. We had a blast!


Day #7: Devyn was spending the night with Nana and Papa, Hudson had gone down for an early night, and that left Jon and I alone for the evening. We turned on Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and cuddled on the couch. It was reminiscent of our high school dates! I am so thankful for alone time with Jon, even if it is just watching a video at home.

Day #8: I laid in bed this morning, trying to will Hudson back to sleep, when I felt the familiar rhythmic motions of in-utero hiccups. I smiled to myself as Baby Trece stretched and kicked, showing his/her annoyance being unable to stop them. As the mom, I just thoroughly enjoyed watching my belly move from the stretches, kicks, and hiccups. I am so thankful to be pregnant, enjoying this time with the baby, sharing our secrets of hiccups, movements, and poking games.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
11:53 AM delete

those pictures of you bowling with your babies are priceless - love them!

Reply
avatar