With Thanks - Days 25-28

Friday, November 28, 2008 1 Comments A+ a-

Day #25: The sounds of Jon and Hudson playing cars together on the floor. The clashing metal, the low sound of Jon's voice, followed quickly by a toddler-esque giggle. Such sweet, simple evenings.

Day #26: Devyn's excitement over one of her birthday gifts. My friend, Mandy, knowing Devyn's love of butterflies, bought her the most perfect gift. About five larvae arrived on our doorstep and we have watched them grow and move for the past week. There are now two crystallise hanging from the top and the other three are currently forming their cocoons. Devyn is so excited over watching the transformation from larvae to caterpillar to butterfly. (And truth be told, Daddy and I are having fun too.)

Day #27: My great-grandmother died when I was 18 years old, during my senior year of high school. That was 18 Christmases, Thanksgivings, Easters, and numerous other visits with a wonderful, wise woman. Each Christmas Grammie would make her infamous chex mix and it has quickly become a favorite in this house too. Just the smells of the roasting mix coming from the oven brings back so many memories!

Day #28: Receiving a phone call from one of my dear high school friends and being told that she's pregnant with their first child. Oh, I did a happy dance right there in my kitchen and longed to be where she was for a celebratory hug! I'm going to be an auntie again come July. So many blessings this year!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
Kamma
AUTHOR
11:36 AM delete

I have some good grammie memmories too...although I never got to experience this chex mix, sounds yummy! Hope you had a great holiday. Can't wait to see you and your appendige (sp?)!!! ps-who's prego? Love you!!

Reply
avatar