With Thanks - Days 12 and 13

Friday, November 14, 2008 8 Comments A+ a-

Days 12 and 13: With everything that has been going on in our family these past two weeks, there is one person that has remained a constant for all of us. In the past week and a half, our family has gone through the following crises/changes:
  • Dad was admitted to the hospital for a five-day stay. He is now home, resting and recuperating.
  • My sister, Allison, broke up with her boyfriend of almost three years.
  • I was mothered through a virus yesterday, where I wasn’t able to keep anything down.
  • My grandmother, my mom’s mom, was admitted to the hospital last night for high blood pressure.
  • And then the pièce de résistance, Christine was admitted to the same hospital last night to find the cause of an infection and, if needed, induce labor. We are happy to report, after a long night of tests, that Christine is fine, Elliana is still baking, and Christine will be released soon.

Throughout it all, my mom has been the strong pillar for all of us. Steady, unwavering, and a rock. I am so thankful for my mom, without whom I have no idea how our family would function!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
wendy
AUTHOR
12:52 PM delete

i have enjoyed reading these things you are thankful for. makes me think i need to focus more on the blessings in my life as well. thanks.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
1:03 PM delete

I second that, I am VERY thankful for our mother too!

Reply
avatar
crystal
AUTHOR
1:18 PM delete

Sounds like yall have had a time of it..but you are so blessed to have your Mom..who probably depends on God alot. My mom is the rock in our family and I know she spends alot of time on her knees for us.

I so enjoy reading what you are thankful for. I probably need to be doing this right along with you. It does seem to put a new perspective on things when you think about all you have to be thankful for.

Blessings to you and your family and I pray that you get to feeling lots better and that Christine and Baby Elliana dont have any more scares.

Crystal

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
4:53 PM delete

Having the privilege of being your mom's friend for over 30 years, I can testify to what a strong woman she is. Hang in there sweetie, God is watching over you every moment!!

Love, Debbie Schroeder

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
6:29 PM delete

Oh my goodness. This is a whole lot.

I, too, am thankful for your mom.
And, I think she needs some girl time. Soon.

Reply
avatar
Melody
AUTHOR
11:42 PM delete

Wow, your family has went through a lot lately. I'm glad it sounds like everyone is pulling through. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

I have a little award for you at my blog.

Blessings....

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
9:59 AM delete

Doesn't it scare you to think what life would be like without our Mom? She is a rock indeed. We should do something to pamper her.
Christine

Reply
avatar
Kamma
AUTHOR
3:48 PM delete

You know I love your mama like she was my own...so very thankful for her and who she is. Just remember all of this when you're not feeling so lovey dovey about her ;)

Reply
avatar