With Thanks - Day 9

Monday, November 10, 2008 3 Comments A+ a-

Taken on our honeymoon in June 2002.

Day #9: As we were going through boxes this weekend, trying our best to organize everything and start marking things off our to-do list, we came upon old photos. Photos from our wedding, photos from our honeymoon, photos from our dating years. Jon has kept every card, note, or letter I've written him during our 11-year relationship. We even have our very first "marriage license" from the Sadie Hawkins dance we went to during my senior year of high school; dated November 22, 1997. So very cool, and weird at the same time. I'm so thankful for old pictures, old memorabilia, and those trips down memory lane. (And yes, I know that I snagged a good one! He's simply the best!)

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
LPD
AUTHOR
3:23 PM delete

I love your "with thanks" series. Thank you for reminding us to remember those things we're thankful for EVERY day.

Reply
avatar
Aspiemom
AUTHOR
3:49 PM delete

Even though I enjoy your "thanks series" so much, I have to admit I have a twinge of envy over how special your marriage sounds. You are very blessed.

Reply
avatar
4:22 PM delete

Thanks Aspiemom! While I do think we have something special, I also am very aware of the areas that could use work. =) We are by no means perfect, we just consider ourselves lucky.

Reply
avatar