With Thanks - Day 5

Thursday, November 06, 2008 2 Comments A+ a-

Day #5: I absolutely love my children! The things they do and say keep me in stitches most of the time that we’re together. Some priceless things that have been said, or done, in days past:

  • “Mama, your toilet is too gross. I’m going to throw-up in my toilet.” Devyn, running from our master bathroom to the hallway bathroom. (And yes, my toilet probably is THAT gross.)
  • Hudson has decided he no longer likes diapers and constantly pulls at them; it is now commonplace to see a tiny plumber-crack on our 21-month-old.
  • As I was buckling a screaming Hudson in his car seat, Devyn ran up with the toy that was causing the tantrum. As she handed it to Hudson, she turned to me, “I’m a good big sister.”
  • We have a Christian kids worship CD in the van and listen to it on a daily basis. Devyn has all the songs memorized; her favorite is track #9, she calls it “Holy, Holy, Holy.” Even Hudson sings and dances along; this morning he actually sang “La, La, La, La” to track #6.

I am SO thankful to have these beautiful babes and my husband to help me keep things in perspective. Besides, how do you NOT laugh when I have these two for entertainment?!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Aspiemom
AUTHOR
9:12 AM delete

I am really enjoying reading your "Thankful blogs".

I am enjoying your children vicariously through you! They sound so sweet and fun.

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
11:14 AM delete

Great frame of mind.

How are you feeling? # 3 is getting close. As well as a wedding and a niece. Just praying and thinking of you.

Reply
avatar