With Thanks - Day 4

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 2 Comments A+ a-

Day #4: Something so sweet happened yesterday; something that makes me smile every time I think of it. Yesterday, while casting our votes, my beautiful, sweet little boy started calling me “Mama” for the first time. (He'd been saying something like "Mama" for a while, but this was crystal clear.) I had Devyn with me, and Jon had Hudson, when over the noise of the precinct, I could hear his tiny voice calling to me. I am so thankful to be called “Mama” and especially thankful that I get to mother such beautiful children.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
3:15 PM delete

This reminds me of a most memorable moment as a new mother (many, many years ago!) When Peter was a baby I used to say, "Peter, you know what?", and then I would answer with "I love you!" I remember the day that I said, "Peter, you know what?", and HE answered, "I love you!" That made me cry - happy tears of course!

Reply
avatar
Deidre
AUTHOR
6:23 AM delete

So sweet! I can remember when both of my girls called me 'Mommy' for the first time and told me they loved me without prompting. Melts a Mama's heart!

Reply
avatar