With Thanks - Day 23

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6 Comments A+ a-

Day #23: It’s happening; it’s really happening! I have been dreaming of this since they first laid that beautiful baby girl in my arms, the day that I could start working part-time. And that time is finally here!

We finished our interviews yesterday, discussed the candidates, made our choice, and offered the other part-time position to a wonderful lady. She is a mother who only wants to work part-time too. She brings some great skills to the position and will be such a great balance to me with her attention to detail and organizational skills. She happily accepted our offer and starts in two weeks.

I was given my reclassification papers this morning, showing my voluntary demotion and detailing my new work schedule once I return from maternity leave. I can only imagine what its going to be like to head to work for two and a half days a week! There is so much to be thankful for this year and this new part-time schedule ranks high on the list. I’m so thankful that God provided a way, both through Jon’s promotion last year and a willing supervisor, for me to be home with our babies more.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Jenn
AUTHOR
2:36 PM delete

Yeah for you!! I only work three days a week and think it is the perfect situation. I still have my job and stuff for me, but I am there for my kids too. Nice that you work for a company that values family.

Jenn

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
3:15 PM delete

Yay, yay, yay. So excited for you and your family!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
3:20 PM delete

Horray friend! I know how much this means to you and how long you've been praying for this scenario. God is so good! And selfishly, I can't wait to get to see you more;)
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
LDraper
AUTHOR
3:21 PM delete

Praise God!!

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
4:46 AM delete

Oh Jenn, this makes me cry.
Our God is so faithful, and I am SO happy for you and your family!

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
6:11 AM delete

How awesome!

Reply
avatar