With Thanks - Day 20

Sunday, November 23, 2008 2 Comments A+ a-

As excited as I am about the fast-approaching Christmas season, fear not, I'm still taking stock every day of things that I am thankful for. Even today, I asked Devyn what she was thankful for and she replied exuberantly, "My friends and my house. And all my toys!" It made my heart happy.

Day #20: This morning I went to the store to pick up some much-needed diapers for Hudson. I think we were down to about two or three diapers. As I perused the aisle of diapers, looking at the different types, brands, and sizes, my eyes fell on the yellow package of Pampers Swaddlers. I laid my hand on my growing tummy and smiled as I thought about how soon Baby Trece would be with us and using those very diapers.

Before I could change my mind, I tossed a package into the cart, next to the size 3 diapers that Hudson is currently wearing. When I got home, I opened Hudson's diapers first and placed them in the basket. I then opened the Pampers Swaddlers package to put those away and the sweet smell of newborn Pampers diapers filled my senses. There is nothing that says "new baby" than those diapers. I am so thankful for little reminders like these that a baby will soon be a part of this household again.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
11:26 AM delete

oh my gosh - Bella is wearing size three diapers too! haha my baby is huge and yours is tiny. they're both pretty incredibly though if I do say so myself!!

Reply
avatar
MamaBear
AUTHOR
10:13 PM delete

I wish Julia had fit in size 3 longer. I think she was out of that size before she turned six months.

Each night at bedtime we go around and have the whole family say what they are thankful for and something they want to ask Jesus for forgiveness for. Most nights there replies are predictable, but there are nights that are so touching. I'll have to start writing those things down so I don't forget.

Good for you for recording all the things that you are thankful for!

Reply
avatar