With Thanks - Day 18

Thursday, November 20, 2008 3 Comments A+ a-

Day #18: For seven months out of the year, Jon and I leave for work about the same time; he usually leaves about ten minutes before the kids and I do. (Of course, this will be changing after maternity leave and I start working only two and a half days a week. Whoo hoo!) Anyway, after almost seven years of marriage, it still never ceases to amaze me how great Jon is at anticipating my needs before I do. There is rarely a time, unless Jon is really running behind, that I go out to the garage and my car is not already started and getting warmed up for us.

I am so thankful for a husband that does so many little things for me; be it a Pepsi waiting in the beverage holder, a warm car, or coming out of the gas station with my favorite candy bar.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Melissa King
AUTHOR
1:28 PM delete

That's awesome! Glad you got a good one that takes care of you. Isn't marriage wonderful?!

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
3:00 PM delete

Those little things really make an impact don't they.

What a sweet husband you have!

Reply
avatar
LDraper
AUTHOR
3:46 PM delete

I am always so impacted by the little thoughtful things... they're my favorite!

Reply
avatar