With Thanks - Day 1

Sunday, November 02, 2008 1 Comments A+ a-

It has been a hard weekend! Both Devyn and Hudson came down with a major bug; Jon and I have alternated between rubbing backs, cleaning carpets, and running baths. On top of that, my family is also going through some "stuff" and that is also taking a toll on me. (For those that are aware of what my family is going through, I ask that you remain mum for the time being. Without permission, I hesitate to write about it on this very public blog.)

I have decided that since this is the month for Thanksgiving, why not get into the spirit of things? I'm borrowing an idea from Andi at Tales of a Crafty Mama and posting an item a day for all the things that I am giving thanks this month. I need to keep my priorities in order and my perspective in check; I'm hoping this will be therapeutic for my soul.

Day #1: Despite the servitude that is required of parents with sick kids, I'm so thankful for moments like these; where just a nap or cuddle does wonders for the healing body. I'm thankful for extra snuggles and naps sandwiched between two little bods. Life can't get sweeter than that!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
1:58 AM delete

Praying that you get can get some rest as you ward off the bug and walk through the stuff.

I love you.

Reply
avatar