My Freak Out

Friday, November 07, 2008 9 Comments A+ a-

Did you know that I’m pregnant with our third child?! That we’re having a baby?! And you didn’t bother to mention this to me?

“Now, Ms. So-So, here are your next two appointments. After that, the midwives would like to see you every week,” the scheduling lady told me. “We’ll schedule those next time you’re here. See you in two weeks.”

I’m having a baby…

“Jenn, would you like some help getting ready for the baby?” my mom asked. “You need to decide where to put another dresser, have you started going through baby clothes yet…”

Oh crap, I’m having a baby…

“When are you due?” asked a random employee dropping off paperwork. “Wow! That’s just around the corner!”

Oh my word, I’m REALLY having a baby…

And there I sat, across from Jon, enjoying a quick lunch-date at Wendy’s. As I listed all the things that we have to do between now and Baby Trece’s arrival, I felt the tears well up and I cried into my salted fries. I am suddenly very aware that there is only nine weeks between now and our due date… I have not done a SINGLE thing to prepare for his/her arrival.

There are newborn clothes to be sorted, washed, and put away; newborn blankets to folded and ready for use; perhaps we should start stocking up on newborn diapers; and I have yet to even go through Devyn and Hudson’s summer clothes.

Usually I am ahead of the game, so prepared in every way, that I usually find myself twiddling my thumbs as the pregnancy draws to a close. Yet I always seem to be two steps behind with pregnancy #3. It wasn’t until I was 20 to 24 weeks pregnant that it even started to sink in that there was a life growing inside me; it wasn’t until Baby Trece was constantly moving that I really started getting excited to meet this new little person; and now at almost-31-weeks, I’m realizing that Baby Trece IS going to come out and I should probably start preparing for his/her arrival.

We had a great appointment today; no extra weight gain since two weeks ago, baby’s heartrate continues to stay in the 140-range, and he/she is measuring right on track. Hang on, folks, we’re having a baby!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

9 comments

Write comments
Wendy
AUTHOR
4:17 PM delete

so excited for you! 3 is great!

Reply
avatar
5:46 PM delete

Ha ha ha... sorry it's not funny ;)

I did the same thing the other day... Jason and I have recently decided to start trying in December... meaning NEXT MONTH!!! Yeah that came quick!

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
6:31 PM delete

Just relax and enjoy the ride. The time will fly by and you will get what needs to be done. Some things may slide and that will be ok too.

No worries, Mama!

PS, when my girl saw your ultrasound pic in the sidebar she said, "That's the baby in your tummy." Come to think of it, there is a resemblance... :)

Reply
avatar
AndiMae
AUTHOR
12:19 AM delete

You are so cute! Maybe it is better this way- that you are not sitting around waiting at the end...I don't know. I think I would feel/act exactly the same way if we were having #3 right now!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
7:47 AM delete

You can do it friend! I have faith in you! It's no cake walk to be sure (whoever said adjusting from two to three was easier than one to two was smoking something!), but there is something profoundly beautiful about that third (and last in our case) baby. You take it slower, soak it all in, you're even more laid back, you have to be. Baby Trece is going to hit you like the sweetest surprise yet, I promise! and this is true even if all the baby clothes aren't in the closet yet:).
Love, Sarah

Reply
avatar
Melissa King
AUTHOR
10:12 AM delete

I so feel your pain. I am freaking out that I only have through Christmas really and then baby. I too have done nothing to prepare and am scared to death. My baby's heart rate is consistently in the 150's and it's a girl...thoughts?! You will be fine and it will be so fun! Let me know if you need anything. Maybe we can go out together and do something that makes us feel more prepared.

Reply
avatar
Aspiemom
AUTHOR
5:54 PM delete

We were on the adoption waiting list for 5 yrs, but didn't do anything to get ready because we had no idea how long the wait would be. We had a crib and wallpaper border and that's all!

In the end we had 4 days notice! Boy, did we have to rush around. But we didn't have other little ones as you do.

You'll make it. Enjoy these last days with Hudson & Devyn, when you aren't so spread thin. Maybe your sisters can gather one day and help you do some necessities.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
10:16 PM delete

Yeah, I was wondering when you were going to notice that. =) Don't worry we'll all be there for you when the time comes.

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
9:38 AM delete

I LOVE you!!! You are hysterical!

Praying all goes smoothly in the next little while! Can't wait to hear the news!


Oh, and right around the time you deliver, I will finally have internet again!!

Reply
avatar