Monday Check In

Monday, October 13, 2008 1 Comments A+ a-

  • I am 27 weeks pregnant and can’t believe how fast time is flying! Baby Trece is active all the time; I constantly have a new body part straining against the confines of my belly. It’s a fun game of “Guess That Body Part!” And even with the growing belly and the constant movements, I find that a part of me is still in denial that Baby Trece will be joining us shortly. It feels so surreal that we’ll be a family of five in only three months.


  • We ordered Devyn’s flower girl dress last Saturday; we spend this past weekend addressing Courtney’s wedding invitations; and we have two baby showers coming up for Christine and Baby Elliana. Wow! Life is getting packed full and its only October! I can’t imagine how fast time is going to fly come November 1st. We have Devyn’s 4th birthday; Courtney’s bridal shower; Thanksgiving; the impending birth of Elliana Faith; fittings for bridesmaid dresses; last minute wedding details; etc. Oh goodness! I am definitely going to have to stop, take a deep breath, and remind myself to take things one day at a time.


  • On Thursday I have another ultrasound to see if the placenta has moved or not. While I’m anxious to have answers, I also know that things can continue to change at the last minute. This pregnancy is proving to be so unlike my other two. Usually by this time in the pregnancy, I’m measuring a good two to three weeks behind. But this pregnancy is measuring correctly each time. This just may be my biggest baby yet.


  • Jon and I are tossing around the idea of having my tubes tied if I do end up having a c-section. While my head understands and I know that it’s the logical step to take, the permanency of that move makes me ache. I can’t imagine not having life grow inside of me again, but at the same time, I know that I can only be stretched (literally and figuratively) so far. I really feel this is the right decision for us.


  • Yesterday, Hudson fell asleep in my arms during the Broncos game and oh, how I relished that time with him. He is such a boy and is usually always on the go. Seriously… he doesn’t stop moving. But for that precious hour and a half, I was able to kiss his eyelids, stroke the blond curls, and be awed at how perfect his little body still fits against mine. It seems like just yesterday, I was getting to know him as a newborn and now we’re just four months short of his second birthday. He is beautiful, this son of mine.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
Wendy
AUTHOR
7:11 AM delete

good to catch up w/you. :)

Reply
avatar