Baby Trece at 27 Weeks

Thursday, October 16, 2008 9 Comments A+ a-

First there was anticipation, followed by a bit of curiosity. Then there was disbelief and elation, with excitement close behind. Concern came next, along with a need for clarification. And finally there was laughter. Laughter of a woman who is fast learning not to take anything for granted; laughter of a woman who is starting to expect the ups and downs with pregnancy number three.

Let me first give you the statistics from this morning’s ultrasound. Baby Trece is weighing in at a healthy two pounds, four ounces and measuring at exactly 27 weeks, 3 days. The technician allowed us to just watch Baby Trece for a while, which was an absolute joy! Baby Trece moved arms and legs; opened his or her mouth; and I just fell in love with that little one’s face. I’m getting so excited to hold this child in my arms!

Profile shot at 27 weeks.

Face-on photo of Baby Trece. I am LOVING those lips!

Secondly, thank you to everyone who prayed over the placenta previa condition. Your prayers must have gone directly from your lips to His ears because I am happy to report that the placenta has most definitely moved! It is no longer even close to the cervix and now rests comfortably at the top of my uterus. So thank you everyone!

However, just as I was getting excited about the idea of a vaginal birth again, the technician found something else to cause concern. It appears that the umbilical cord has slipped down by the cervix and is currently positioned under the baby’s head. Since the cord cannot come out before the baby, I would still be looking at a c-section if I went into labor today.

Thus, the laughter.

So much can happen within the next 12 weeks and I will be closely monitored for the rest of the pregnancy. But I am confident that the cord will move out of the way in time for Baby Trece to be born. I laugh because I have a feeling that God is going to let this ride continue to the very end. What an appropriate lesson for the woman that likes to have everything planned out.

I have to wonder what other lessons are in store for this mama!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

9 comments

Write comments
4:25 PM delete

YAY!! God can move mountains and placentas! Trece is beautiful!

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
4:46 PM delete

From a mama that has had c-sections, all that matters is that healthy baby in the end! We will be praying though for a normal delivery!

Reply
avatar
4:59 PM delete

Katie, you are absolutely right. All that matters is a healthy child in the end. And that is why I'll be ok with either ending. I just wish I knew which ending it was going to have. =)

Reply
avatar
Andrea Stuckey
AUTHOR
6:09 PM delete

We are SO relieved that the placenta previa has moved! It's so good to know that the baby is doing well. We absolutely cannot wait to meet him/ her!!!

Reply
avatar
Amazing Racer
AUTHOR
9:06 AM delete

#3 is rockin your world! Maybe I need a third...

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
9:28 AM delete

Those are great pictures of your little one.

So glad to hear the news!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
6:47 PM delete

What wonderful news! Praise the Lord!
I do have a little "planning" question for you...if Christine's baby is due 12/15, and Courtney's wedding is 12/21...is Christine's bridesmaid's dress maternity or not???
Ellie

Reply
avatar
10:39 AM delete

Ellie,
Yes, Christine's dress is a maternity dress like mine. (Gotta love the tents they have nowadays for pregnant women!) =) We'll see if Elliana arrives before or after the wedding. I'm thinking before...

Reply
avatar
Aspiemom
AUTHOR
1:33 PM delete

My child was formed in my heart, so I'm not personally familiar with pregnancy. But it sounds like you're on a roller-coaster. I'm glad that things are basically okay and pray the umbilical cord is in the proper place for a great delivery!

Reply
avatar