Short Takes

Friday, September 19, 2008 2 Comments A+ a-

I’m leaving this afternoon for a 3-day, 2-night retreat with the woman’s group from my church. We’re going to the same place that we went two years ago and I’m looking forward to the time away with other women, my sisters, friends, and Mom. I’m especially looking forward to hearing what God wants to teach me and checking out the changing colors of the Aspen leaves.
Please pray for my dear husband, as he will be alone with the two kids all weekend.

----------------------------

We have decided on a different boy name for this baby. For some reason the name Brayden just wasn’t appealing to me as much I’d hoped. So after MUCH discussion, we have decided on a new name. I’m debating whether or not I should share it with you all; I fear that I already look like a fool announcing the first name and then reneging on that. Oh well, I laugh because all of this discussion on boy names will be for naught when this child comes out a girl.

----------------------------

We have opened a baby pool if anyone is interested in playing; just click on the game listed below the family pictures or click here, the game name is "Baby_Trece". If you’re going to play, we ask for the following rules:

1. Please do not list any last names! This will not only protect you, but us as well.
2. Please NO cities listed either…for the same reason.

You will need an email address to play but other than that, it’s fairly self-explanatory. Let me know if you have any questions. FYI, brother-in-law, Josh, won both Devyn and Hudson’s baby pools in the past. I’m wondering if anyone will be able to break his winning streak.

----------------------------

Some things have come up with my job and I’m living in a constant state of the unknown. I gave my final decision to go part-time (20 hours a week) to my supervisor last week, which was to start in December. However, based on some circumstances in the office, both our interim director and my supervisor have no idea what is going to happen in the months ahead. At this point, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will have no idea what’s going to happen until after I get back from maternity leave.

However, I am resting comfortably in the idea that God is ultimately in charge; that He already knows what is going to happen; and it will all work out according to His will. This is a very foreign place for me to be in; I’m used to being in control and having a plan. But I’m peaceful that I have followed His direction in deciding to go part-time and devote more time to my family. The rest is up to Him…

----------------------------

And I love, love, love the spiced pumpkin lattes that I’ve been getting in the mornings. Nothing says “Fall” like a spiced pumpkin latte. Yummmm!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Aspiemom
AUTHOR
8:24 PM delete

You look so familiar to me. I keep trying to place you...

I hope you have a wonderful time at your ladies retreat. I've always wanted to go to one, but my husband doesn't want me to so, alas, I never have. *pout*

I'll be watching to see what the finally outcome is on the baby and job!

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
8:17 PM delete

it's still summer for a few more days - go get an ice cream cone and eat some watermelon! haha!

I hope you enjoyed the conference, I remember reading how much it impacted you before!

Reply
avatar