Just Some Thoughts

Friday, September 12, 2008 1 Comments A+ a-

As of recently, Hudson has become quite the mama’s boy. We’re not sure why and wonder if it’s just a phase but I’m enjoying it. This morning I went into the nursery to pick up my crying babe from his crib and decided that we both needed a cuddle. I sat in the glider in the corner of his room, wrapped him in the blue gingham, Winnie the Pooh blanket made especially for him, and rocked with him to the sound of rain falling on the roof.

It was a wonderful cocoon that I’d created for just the two of us. There we sat, his little chest pressed to mine, his head fitting so perfectly in the space between my chin and shoulder, and I reveling in the scent of his baby shampoo. I stroked his head, his cheek, his shoulder, basically any bare skin that I could get my hands on. Every so often, he’d lean back from our cuddle to smile at me or give me a kiss on my mouth. We laughed some, we talked some, but mostly we just sat in the silence. It was a beautiful morning and a moment that this Mama isn’t likely to soon forget.
******************

Have I mentioned before what a charmer my son is? Jon and I often just shake our head as we realize that we’re in for it with this little man. Just last night, during dinner time prayers, the little man reached over and, not just once but twice, kissed my hand. Oh…my…goodness! How does a mama’s heart not melt?!

******************

Every day this baby is making its presence more and more known; the kicks, turns, and summersaults are getting more pronounced and I love it. Baby Trece seems to be most active whenever Devyn or Hudson is around, as if to join in on the action with his/her siblings.

I’m almost positive that that both Devyn and Hudson have felt this baby move, whether they realize it or not. Any time I lay or sit down for a cuddle with either one, the baby constantly pushes against or kicks the offending child. Baby Trece is not a fan of sharing his/her personal space.
******************

I literally have to tear myself away from all things political right now; be it personal blogs, newspaper articles and the subsequent comments, even talk radio. (Yes, I have officially declared myself as “old” when I realized that I actually enjoy listening to talk radio!) I am so very passionate about this year’s election and get easily fired up over misconceptions, innuendos, and just plain smear tactics. It’s going to be a l-o-n-g campaign until November 4th and I’m not sure if my blood pressure can take it.

******************

I had a wonderful birthday last week that involved sleeping in, a dozen roses, and a ready-made breakfast when I finally woke up. Isn’t my hubby the best?! The rest of the day included calls, emails, text messages, and cards from family and friends; a wonderful lunch with my sisters and Mom; and then a family barbeque later that night. It was great!

I’m determined to enjoy this last year in my twenties, reflect on my life thus far, write out some personal goals for the next five years, and prepare to take that leap into the thirties.

******************

Fall has officially declared itself in this state, some areas already experiencing snow today. This past week has produced chilly, cloudy, and rainy days; days that promise warm sweaters, cozy fires, and all things pumpkin and spice. For the past two days I have woken with a desire for a warm, aromatic cup of coffee and I have indulged that craving gleefully.

Tomorrow promises another day like today and I intend to make full use of the indoor weather. I have accumulated boxes to start going through Devyn and Hudson’s closets and drawers; removing anything that no longer fits or appropriate for this weather. Take inventory of their wardrobes and make a list of things needed to outfit them for the fall and winter ahead.

I am giving thanks for changing seasons and for the opportunity to begin my nesting.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

1 comments:

Write comments
2:39 PM delete

Oh I love those moments! Enjoy your nesting weather this weekend!

Reply
avatar