Its a Good Day!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 4 Comments A+ a-

My birthday came early this year! Three days early to be exact!

I came into work this morning and my coworker handed over my first birthday gift of the week, a gorgeous necklace that she had made for me. I'd been admiring a necklace she's worn over the past years and casually mentioned how much I liked it. Lo and behold, a similar one to call my very own! My coworker is heavily into metal-smithing, is an incredible artist, and my words could not do the necklace justice. I'll just have to take a picture of it sometime soon.

Speaking of pictures, my second birthday gift arrived a few hours after the first. Some of you may remember this post, when my car was broken into and my beloved camera was stolen, along with my wallet. I have been using my father-in-law's old camera ever since, thanks Dad! But I'd recently decided that it was finally time to replace it. And so, without further ado, my new camera… a Canon PowerShot SD750. While it sounds so much fancier than it really is, it's just a point and shoot camera and I couldn't be happier about it. I can't wait to get home and start playing with all the settings!

We're planning a family barbeque on my real birthday but it’s a nice surprise to start celebrating so early this week. I guess I'd better enjoy this last one in my twenties, for next year it’s the big 3-0!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
2:01 PM delete

How exciting, and what a way to lift your spirits!!

Reply
avatar
CPT Mom
AUTHOR
9:25 PM delete

This is so interesteing. I got an early birthday gift today and it was also a camera. A canon powershot, to be exact!

How funny!

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
7:44 AM delete

happy birthday jenn! YAY for you!

Reply
avatar
8:59 AM delete

Happy Birthday! This year mine WILL be the big 3-0! :-) Nice camera...Caleb just dropped mine the other day and broke it, so I'll be asking for one for my birthday in December. I hope all goes well with your placenta previa issue. A c-section changes things a bit, but from experience, it's not the end of the world. But, as others said, God can certainly move mountains (or placentas).

Reply
avatar